Sorting and Announcement

Sarafina's POV

"A thousand years or more ago
When I was newly sewn,
There lived four wizards of renown,
Whose names are still well known:

Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.

They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,
They hatched a daring plan
To educate young sorcerers
Thus Hogwarts School began.

Now each of these four founders
Formed their own house, for each
Did value different virtues
In the ones they had to teach.

By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest;
For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
Would always be the best;

For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admission;
And power-hungry Slytherin
Loved those of great ambition.

While still alive they did divide
Their favourites from the throng,
Yet how to pick the worthy ones
When they were dead and gone?

Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
He whipped me off his head
The founders put some brains in me
So I could choose instead!

Now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong,
I'll have a look inside your mind
And tell where you belong!"
the hat finished singing and we all applauded. McGonagall then sorts all the first years into their houses.Harry made a comment on how it wasn't the same it sung at our sorting ceremony. Ron explained how it does a new song every year and I remember this is the first time Harry has seen an other sorting ceremony apart from our own.

Just then Dennis Creevey was sorted into Gryffindor and Collin said that was his younger brother. When Dennis arrived at the table he was telling Collin how he fell into the lake. Just then Dumbledore stood up as the final was sorted into Hufflepuff. "I have two words to say, tuck in" he states and the feast appears. Ron digs in straight away while the rest of us start to eat in a slower manner.

As the deserts disappear Dumbledore stands again to give his usual start of year speech. During the feast Hermione didn't eat after finding out house elves make the food saying it was slave labour. Ron couldn't even tap her with any of her favourite deserts. "I have a few notices to give out" Dumbledore announces as usual. He gave the a list of some new banned items by Mr Filch like screaming yoyo's and that Filch has the full list in his office.

He then reminded us the forest is forbidden as is the village of Hogsmeade to anyone not in third year or doesn't have a signed form from their parents/guardians. Looking at the twins and I as he said the forest was forbidden, not that I cared being an animagus. "It is also my painful duty to inform you that there will be no inter-house quidditch matches this year" he states.

"This is due to an event taking place at the beginning of October then for the remainder of the year. I am sure you'll all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year Hogwarts..." suddenly a loud bang interrupted him as the great hall doors opened. "May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Moody" Dumbledore announces when the heavily scared man reached his side.

"This is awesome, we're going to be trained by the best auror this world has ever seen" I squeal.

"Is that why he looks like that?" Hermione asks.

"Hermione he put away over half the deatheaters in Azkaban he is bound to have scars" I state.

"Now as I was saying, we are going to host an exciting event. That hasn't been held in over a century. It is my great pleasure to inform this year that the Triwizard Tournament will taking place at Hogwarts" Dumbledore announces.

"You're joking!" I shout along with Fred and George.

"I am not joking Mr and Miss Weasleys" Dumbledore tells us chuckling. "All though now that you mention it, I did hear a good one over the summer. About a troll, hag and leprechaun who all go into a pub" he starts explaining. McGonagall clears her throat giving Dumbledore the look. "Perhaps now isn't the time, no" Dumbledore mumbles. "Now where was I?" he asks.

"You had just said we'd be hosting the Triwizard Tournament Professor" I remind him.

"Yes that's right thank Miss Weasley, now I'll give a short explanation about want the tournament is for those who do not know what it is" he states. I allowed my mind to wonder already knowing want the tournament involves knowing I wasn't going to try to enter. But tuned back in when Hermione whispers 'death toll?'

"There have been several attempts to reinstate the tournament, but they all failed" Dumbledore informs us. However, it has been decided it was time for an other attempt by our Magical games/sports and International  Magical Co-operation departments" he states. "They went through a lot of work over the last summer to ensure no champion will be in mortal danger" he assures us.

"The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will arrive with a short list of candidates in October. The champions will be selected on Halloween by an impartial Judge. The winner will bring glory to their school and also win a thousand galleons in prize money" he explains. Fred and George both said they'd go for it. I glared at them, there is no way I was going to let either one compete.

"I know a lot of you are eager to bring the glory to Hogwarts, but the head of the schools and ministry have made a new rule. That no one under the age of seventeen will be allowed to compete. This" Dumbledore starts to raise his voice as some students cried in outrage. "is a necessary measure as the tasks will still be difficult" he states. "As even with our precautions we believe no one under sixth or seventh year has the skills required to cope with the tasks. I personally am going to ensure no one underage hood winks the impartial judge" he finishes looking at Fred and George. I relaxed knowing there was no way they could get around Dumbledore's spell or spells.

Dumbledore then sends us off to bed and Fred was trying to figure out how to hood wink the impartial judge with George. I thought it'd be funny to see want happens if they tried an age potion and suggested it. They gave me a smile and asked if I could make it for them. I agreed, but said I wasn't going to try enter it myself and wasn't going to do it for anyone else.

"Balderdash" George states when the Fat Lady asked for the password. "A prefect told me downstairs" he explained as we entered the common room. "Now Sara we'll get the book you need along with any ingredients you don't have" he tells me before he and Fred went up to their dorm.

"Why are you encouraging them?" Hermione and Ginny asks when we enter their dorms.

"It's not going to work even if I do the potion perfectly" I state.

"Which you well" Ginny states "everyone knows your the best at brewing potions. Even Snape would agree" she adds.

"I don't understand if you know it won't work then why do it in the first place?" Hermione asks.

"You forget who you are talking to Hermione?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"It's a prank" Ginny states and I giggle nodding my head. "You know they won't be happy with you pranking them" she tells me.

"At first yes, then we'll all be laughing about it" I assure her.

"I'll never understand you sometimes Sarafina" Hermione mumbles as she goes to get ready for bed. "By the way we should take Yuki to Hagrid tomorrow to see if she is pregnant" she states reentering the room.

"Yuki's pregnant?" Ginny asks looking at a sleeping Yuki.

"Yes, I believe so with hers and Crookshanks kittens" I state. "Good night Ginny" I tell her as she leaves the room. I changed into my pj's and cleaned my teeth with a charm before falling asleep next to Yuki.

A/N

Picture of Professor Moody above.