Chapter Twenty - One

• Dedicated to ALL OF YOU! And @BellasMemory

Chapter Twenty - One

The drive home was depressing. I could hardly see anything on the road. Thank God it was about one in the morning and there were hardly any cars out on the street.

I shouldn't have even tried to "restore" anything, I only made everything fifty times worse. Before, my only fear was the idea of Stella, and now, I'm horrified of what she'll do to me if I don't do what she says. It's like I'm her slave.

As I pulled into the driveway, the lights from the back were still shining, which had to mean that the family is still here. I may still some time to sneak upstairs, unnoticed. I shut the front door as quietly as possible, and jogged upstairs. I checked the room for any signs of life in there before entering. From the looks of it, I was safe.

"You lied to me,"

His voice scared the living life out me. I turned around, and I could tell he was disappointed. He had his arms crossed, and leaned casually against the bathroom's door frame. Still in shock, I was speechless and frozen. What do I tell him? Even the truth would upset him.

"Please let me explain before you get angry,"

"Why? Just so you can think up another lie to cover up this one? I thought you wanted to see the family, and you have to lie to get out of it? Why didn't you just tell me you didn't want to see them?" His bottom jaw jutted out, he was pissed.

"No, it's not your family, Michael, I swear." I paused and wiped my eye, "I left to talk to Stella."

"You what?" He yelled, which is very uncommon. "Why? Don't you know how crazy she can be?"

I sighed, "Please don't be mad. I only tried to resolve things between us, so that we don't need to live in fear anymore." I couldn't look him in the eyes. I'm too scared to.

He took a seat, then sighed out of frustration. "What happened?"

"Well, this came as a shock, but she told me she still loves you," I waited for his reaction, but there was no change in his facial expression. Someone's feeling pretty today... "And she said that we can't be together anymore or things will get worse, she threatened."

That's when his expression changed from somewhat calm, to shocked and angry. "That's not happening. I don't care what she does, there's one part of me that she won't take, and that's you." He rose his hand to wipe away the tear falling from my face.

"We can't underestimate her. She admitted to me... That she's the one who set up the entire thing with our wedding, and that's why Greg came out of nowhere, it seemed," I finally looked at him, "She's going to hurt somebody, and it's either you or me ... and I've got a feeling it's me."

He sat me down next to him, and hugged me. "As long as we're together, no one is going to hurt you, understand?" He was firm, serious, but very reassuring. "She's not going to do anything to me or you. I promise you, we'll always be together, don't worry."

* * *

I shifted around in the bed for the fifteenth time this night. Michael's asleep like a baby, finally. He deserves this much sleep every night. When I turned to face the window, I could see the little rays of the sun coming through the clouds. The signs of daylight was very soon, and I didn't sleep a wink.

Turning around again, I faced Michael's sleepy, face. One of his curls were right over his eyes, and, thinking about moving it at first, I actually started to play with it. His hair was soft...

His hand rose up, and grabbed mine. "What're you doing?" He slightly laughed, eyes still closed.

"I was moving your hair out of your face."