Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen- (Read the Author's Note at the end! You must read!! ü)

He still hasn't been talking very much. He does talk now, but he doesn't really say much. It's usually a:

"Good Morning."

"Oh that's nice."

"Not now,"

"Oh,"

"Okay,"

"Later," and "Goodnight,"

Still haven't got him to say full sentences...

Ever since he found out about the charges, he told all of the kids that they couldn't come back anymore. It didn't hurt their feelings though, because they wouldn't come back after what they heard.

Neverland no longer has its Lost Children.

It's only me and Michael, now. All of the help got a few weeks off; He didn't want to see anybody, with the exception of me.

"Hey, Michael," I called.

"Mmhm?" He asked.

"I'm going to the store. I'll be right back, okay?" I grabbed my purse, then walked to his soulless body. I stopped in front of him, and just sighed at how sad he was. I immediately gave him a tight hug, which he returned.

"You need to feel better. I miss you," My voice got shakier with every word.

He let go, and gave me a sideways smile. I turned around to walk to Carl's car, but felt so much guilt walking away. He does want to be alone most of the time...

**

I asked Carl to drive me to a Hallmark store, and I looked for Teddy Bears.

I want to buy as many Teddy Bears as I can without looking strange enough for people, tabloids, to make things up. Shoving the Teddy Bears into my basket, I also picked up some message cards.

As I made my way to the cashier, I saw the magazine stands...Michael was everywhere.

Seeing all of the hurtful words on the magazines that made him want to end his own life everyday, made me a little pissed off. I slammed the basket on the counter for the cashier to scan.

"Hello, did you find everything alright?" Her voice seemed a little scared by my body language.

I ignored her, and almost wanted to scream at the top of my lungs that he is innocent.

She took a deep breath then handed me the Teddy Bears. "Have a good day...really."

I snatched the bag, and took three steps toward the exit. I couldn't help myself, so I turned back around.

"How exactly can I have a good day?! How can any of you have a good day?! Do you see this disgusting piece of filth?!" I picked up a few of the magazines, "This is trash! How can you even put this up in stores?! Do you have any evidence against him?! What has he even done to anybody but show love and compassion for everything that breathes?! Did you put these up?! I can't believe how low people have gotten now!" I started to grab all of the magazines, and throw them all over the floor. I spat on them, and stomped all over them.

I guess Carl heard me screaming, and he rushed in, instantly carrying me away.

"No! No! Carl! Put me down!" I just burst out crying, "He doesn't deserve this...He doesn't deserve this,"

**

The drive home was quiet. I couldn't say anything. Carl did the right thing, because I don't even know what got into me...or what I would have done to that poor cashier.