Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven-

"Action!"

We shot more scenes for Moonwalker, and now it was time to shoot the short film for "Smooth Criminal". It's such a good song, and the film looks great! I do have some minor issues ...

He's dancing with all of these women who obviously drool over him like dogs! I may be a little jealous, but that's because I had him first! Ugh, what is wrong with me? I'm the one who ended this, and now I want it back? I can't do that to Michael; it'll confuse him, and he'll just be upset that I'm calling all the shots. Also, every time we try to go further into our relationship, bad things happen to both of us. I don't want to get hurt anymore, and I know Michael doesn't. I think he's happier just being a single man.

"And Lean!"

Michael and some backup dancers did this really mesmerising move called "The Lean" and I don't think it's possible for anybody to do that! I'll ask Michael after this part because they were done for the day.

He started walking towards me with a smile, and I returned it ... until a woman behind me ran up to him and gave him a hug. It was one of the extras from the scene, and he was laughing as he hugged her. Then he did what he always did to me when he hugged me; spun her around. At that point I wanted to just leave and cry, but that'll show that I still love him, and he'll feel guilty, and then he'll feel that he HAS to be with me, and I'll ruin his life because he'd rather be with someone else. I'm not going to ruin his life because I love him.

"That was great, Michael!" She loudly and obnoxiously laughed. He smiled back at her, and said something else I couldn't hear. She jumped off of him and laughed, pretending to slap him.

I inhaled and exhaled heavily, trying to calm myself down. It wasn't really working. They came up to me, Michael's arm over her shoulder, with big smiles. I tried my best to return the smile, but I was just too angry.

"Hey, Bonnie. This is my good friend, Melissa. Melissa, this is," he paused, not knowing what to call me. "Bonnie. This is Bonnie," he lopsided smiled, telling me he didn't know what else to say.

"Hey, Bonn-aye!" She put her hand out, then laughed, trying to be a funny one. I didn't even smile; that was stupid.

I sorta rolled my eyes at her, but then I thought, I shouldn't judge her, I don't know her. So I shrugged a bit, and shook her hand, "It's Bonnie,"

She started cackling as if I said the best pun in the world. I took my hand back slowly, and a little frightened of this woman.

"Oh, Bonn-aye! You're so silly!" She sighed, trying to get her breath back from laughing so damn hard.

Melissa said she forgot something on set and ran back to go retrieve it. Michael inhaled, "Uh, Melissa and I were just about to go out and grab dinner, and I was wondering if-"

"No, no, I'm good. Just ate something before coming here. You two run along and I'll just go home." I forcefully smiled.

Michael let out a small laugh, "Well, I was going to ask if you were okay with me going out, but I think you just answered my question? And uh, Bonnie, if you'd like to come, I think Melissa would be okay with it, and so would I-"

"No, no. Just go ahead, I need to do some cleaning at the house anyway, so have fun." I forcefully smiled.

He gave me a small grin then walked back to Melissa and exited in the opposite direction that I did. I didn't feel comfortable that he was already dating, or going out on dates, but if this is what he wants to do, I'll do my best to support him.

When I came home, I let out a huge sigh, and headed to the supply closet to start mopping. I mean, might as well, since no one else will be for a while. I turned on my cassette player, and blasted the volume to the max. I had in some James Brown. I missed listening to him; I haven't in a really, really long time.