Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

I am tired of her ruining everything Michael has ever enjoyed. I am disgusted by the lies she started. I am done with her revengeful-type attitude. Stella Maynard will regret the day she met me.

Michael didn't notice me as I snuck out the front door and into the cold, dark city. Because of the huge family party going on out back, the paparazzi and media people were covering in the back, of course, and all attention was on the party. No one was out front, so I was safe to get out the easiest way.

He just agreed to keep a low profile, and I plan to keep it that way. Stella isn't going to continue this parade of lies that will eventually kill his career. It's people like her that make me sick to my stomach to even think that there's more money-hungry people out there.

Now I'm taking it upon myself to make her just go away. I'm thinking about Freddie as well, which is making things much more complicated. I know Stella does love her son, but not enough to treat him like a real kid, with a real childhood. Not stuck up in a hospital room, all for an act of revenge, that doesn't even involve him. She's basically using him as a decoy to get her hateful revenge on us. Because of her, he always has someone watching him, 24/7. It's just as bad as Michael, being kept up wherever he goes, and the media watching his every move. What kind of adulthood of his is she expecting? It won't be a normal one, that's for sure.

I'd gladly adopt Freddie, and send Stella to the madhouse, but I can already imagine the press going insane. I can even read the headlines now: "Jacko and Wife Adopt One of His Victims. Where Could The Mother Be?" People can be so critical, and I seriously hate it. How do the sleep knowing they just printed a thousand lies to ruin someone's life? What has this world come to that this is what we need to do in order to survive now?

I took one of the cars from the garage, and drove off unnoticed. I'm hoping to find her and convince her to leave us alone.

* * *

At The Hospital

Stella laid Freddie down in his very uncomfortable, poor excuse for a bed. She kissed his forehead and watched his heavy eyes droop down into a deep sleep.

"I miss Nana Tracy, Mommy,"

Freddie's voice echoed in her head once more as she subconsciencely remembered the conversation she had with him earlier.

"I already told you, we're staying here until I find another home for us," her voice remained calm, but aggravated.

"Why did we leave Nana Tracy's home if we need a new one now?" He was so young, but he does remember the old house. The old home with real food, real love, and the real comfort and warmth of a family environment. "And why are we still here? I only had a tummy ache, and I feel better now,"

"Tracy is not your Nana! So quit calling her that!" She snapped at him. Freddie was frightened by how quickly she raised her voice at him. She sighed and looked at him apologetically, "Baby, I didn't mean to yell like that. It's just that, Mommy can get angry when you call others your family members, when they aren't."

He looked at her confused, "Then how do I know who my family is?"

She sat next to him, and wrapped her arms around his little body. "Well, right now, and maybe for a long time, I'm your family. Your only family." She began to rock him back and forth, and hummed the River Lullaby, yet Freddie was still puzzled, but kept quiet. She rocked and hummed until he fell asleep.