Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve-

The rest of the night made us go back and forth, in the same argument for hours. Michael kept insisting that I tell him what's wrong, and I kept telling him no. We eventually realized that it was too late, and we needed to get to bed because Michael had early shoots in the morning. They're almost done, so they might finish the movie tomorrow; which is a big day for Michael. And, of course, I'm going to ruin it. They've been working on this movie for years, and I hope they finally finish it tomorrow.

Michael went to bed upset that I wouldn't tell him anything. "We're not done here," he pointed his finger at me, then walked back to his room.

I sighed a sigh of relief that he finally went to bed. I literally thought we were going to go on arguing over this all night. I didn't want to tell him about my feelings, because I know he'd feel guilty about "being happy" then get together with me only because we're still legally married, and he's too nice to turn me down.

I wish I could just move on. I'm still crazy in love with him, but he can't know that. Every morning, the thought of what I did kills me. There's not one day that I don't think about it. And whenever I try to hang out with him, he's always busy, which was another issue between us. Why can't I just accept anything around me? If it's unfixable, adapt! It's easier said than done, unfortunately.

All of my frustration just piled up in my mind, and I felt like jumping out the window. I groaned loudly, and fell on the bed, to try to sleep as much as I can tonight.

-Michael's POV-

I hate it when she gets this stubborn with me. I just want to help her, and I know I can if I knew what was bugging her so much! I miss her, I really do. And I felt like such a dim-wit when she thought I was inviting her, but I actually wasn't, but I should have been doing! People tell me I'm too nice, and I'm starting to believe it. Today was Melissa's birthday, and she was supposed to go have dinner with her family, but instead she dropped all of her plans to go out with me on her birthday. I was supposed to convince Bonnie to take me back today, but I felt bad for turning Melissa down. Especially on her birthday. I'd get a lot of hate for turning her down on her birthday.

I hate seeing Bonnie so ... alone. She doesn't seem as happy as she used to be, and now she's just; lifeless. Nothing makes her really smile, it's all a forceful smile that she makes to people to act like she's fine. But knowing her all of my life, I know how she is, and what her lying tics are. When she lies to people, her fingers do a weird twitching thing. Or if she's pulling a really big lie, (which she'll do if she REALLY has to), her whole fist clenches. See? I know her too well. And all night tonight, her fist was clenching whenever she said she was just fine. I had to do something, but because she was so stubborn, she wouldn't tell me. So now what am I supposed do to help her?

I groaned at how difficult and frustrating this entire situation is! I feel horrible everyday for kissing Stella. I should've just kicked her out of my room when I knew what her intentions were.

Regret is a horrible thing.

*

-Bonnie's POV-

He looked so happy.

The way he gets with kids, just ... overwhelms me. He's so gentle, kind, and loving towards them. It makes me smile to a point that my cheeks burn from smiling too hard for too long. Today was officially the last day of shooting, and they were wrapping up the last scenes. The last scene they're going to shoot is when he "comes back" because Katie cried on his star. It got to me. She was so happy, and I couldn't help but get choked up.

They hugged for a long time, and the thought hit me again.

"He'd be a really great father someday..."