Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten-

When we arrived at Neverland, it was empty because we gave the staff a week off to relax from the all the chaos that's been going on lately. Michael and I weren't completely jet-lagged, so we decided to have a 'best friend' day together.

"What do you want to do now?" I sighed, and slumped on my chair.

He fell into his chair as well before answering. It took me a minute to realise that we were both finally sitting in our matching chair together.

"Um, do you want to go to the theatre and watch a movie?" He suggested.

I shrugged, "Sure, why not?"

We both got up slowly and lazily, and walked downstairs to the theatre and I ran to the back to turn the projector on. When I walked back down the stairs, I walked awkwardly to Michael.

"Do you want me to grab some popcorn and blankets? You know, in case it gets cold in here?" I suggested with a shrug.

He nodded, "Sure. I'll pick a movie. Any requests?"

"Uh, surprise me," I said shortly. "I'll be right back, okay?" I said already halfway out the room.

He answered me while walking up the stairs to the projector, "Alright,"

**

I waited for the second bag of popcorn to completely pop, and my pyjamas to come out of the dryer. I put them in so they'd be soft and warm when I put them on. After the microwave turned off, I took out the popcorn and almost dropped it from the heat. I finally got the courage to pick the bag up, and poured it into a bowl. Once the last kernel dropped into the bowl, the dryer beeped, indicating my pyjamas were ready.

I walked back into the theatre, arms full of bowls of popcorn and large blankets. When I reached a seat that I would be comfortable in, and dumped the blankets on the floor.

"Hey! Those are supposed to keep us warm, not dirty!" Michael laughed a little picking them up off the floor.

I lopsided smiled, "Sorry, but it was heavy."

He rolled his eyes and sat a couple seats away from me. The thought of him sitting so far, kinda hurt me; but it was for the best, wasn't it?

*

"Michael!" I screamed, hiding my face under the blanket. "Why on earth would you pick this movie?!" I ate my popcorn nervously under my blanket-shield.

He laughed, "Why are you so scared? It's just a movie!" He scooted over next to me, and wrapped an arm around me to comfort me. To be honest, I felt more safe than anything when he's with me.

"I don't like horror movies," I groaned, and popped my head out from under the blanket.

"But I thought you hated them because they were stupid. Not because you're scared of them," he shook his head.

I cringed at the screen, "Not ghost ones. These demon and ghostly ones are freaky! But the ones with monsters and serial killers make me laugh," I smiled.

He nodded, "That's true," he smiled. He met my eyes, "We can change it if you want," his voice was so soft and calm. He was reassuring me with his voice, and it was definitely working. I know I practically melted.

"Uh, no, no. If you want to watch it, you can." I smiled in compromise.

His eyes got a little more serious, "If it scares you, we can change it, Bonnie. I don't care. And besides, you'll never get hurt as long as I'm here with you." He reassuringly smiled.

I smiled, trying not to show too much emotion, because I'm trying not to take him in my arms and love him again. But my love needs to remain a secret for now; or else I'll ruin everything between us.

We eventually finished the movie, and I almost peed my pants about five times. Every time I shrieked and hid under my blanket, Michael would hug me to comfort me. Then he would laugh because of how scared I am. I missed this being romantic instead of somewhat awkward.

"We can go do something else if you'd like," Michael turned his head to me with a wide smile.

I smiled back to him, "Um, I don't know. Do you want to go outside? In the backyard?"

He shrugged, "Sure, c'mon," he grabbed my wrist and pulled out to the backyard.

"What're we going to do?" I yelled as we ran outside.

He finally stopped in front of the pool and smiled an evil smile at me.

"Michael," My eyes widened, knowing his thoughts. "Don't. You. Dare," I said backing up from the edge of the pool.

He smiled again, then ran to me, "Oh c'mon, I wasn't going to push you in!" He shook his head with a smile.

"Really?" I asked. He was so sweet.

He put a friendly arm around me, and sighed dramatically, "Hmm ... No!" He suddenly shoved me into the pool, while I was shrieking his name before I was dunked in.

I popped back out of the water, gasping for air. I wiped my eyes, and waited for them to focus on Michael who was still laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him, "You little-" I mumbled before thinking up a plan.

I made a pouting face, and rested my face in my crossed arms that laid on top of the pool railing. I began to fake cry, and I will admit I was good at it.

Michael suddenly stopped laughing, and rushed to me, "Bonnie, Bonnie, I'm sorry! Are you okay?! I'm so sorry! Look at me," he lifted my head, "Are you okay?!"

I sniffled a fake sniffle, and wrapped my hands around his arm, and paused for dramatic affect. He stared into my eyes, to make sure that I was really okay. I stared into his eyes, "Michael, I-" Before I could finish my sentence, I pulled him into the pool, flipping him over as he landed on the water.

He popped up, gasping for air, then swam over to me. I panicked, and tried to pull myself up and out of the pool. But he swam too fast, and pulled me back under. I popped back up laughing. I found his eyes, and narrowed them at him, "Ready for another war ... underwater?" I smiled.

He raised an eyebrow, "Ready when you are,"

*

We both took a shower in separate bathrooms, and got dried up and dressed for the night. I let Michael sleep in his bedroom, and I slept in a guest room. I plopped myself unto the bed, and sunk into it perfectly. I felt so warm and comfortable, I just passed out right then and there.

*

"AAAHH!" I woke up screaming for dear life; sweating and crying. I immediately ran to Michael's room, knowing I had already woke him up. Before I could open his door, he had swung it open, his breaths uneven from panicking.

"My God, Bonnie! Are you okay?! What happened?!" He took my shoulder and led my into his room and sat me on his bed.

I began to cry, and felt him wrap his arms around me, "Michael, I had a bad nightmare," I sobbed, "I was so scared-"

"Shh-h-h," he rubbed my hair and held me tight. "You don't have to talk about it. I'm here now. You're safe now, okay? I won't let anyone or anything ever hurt and or scare you, Bonnie. I'm here to protect you. Just breathe, okay?" He calmly whispered, making me feel safer than the president.

I wiped up my tears, and looked up at him, "Is it okay if I sleep in bed with you? I don't know if I can sleep alone tonight ..."

"Yeah! Yeah! Of course!" He hugged me tighter for a second then let me go to settle myself. "I'll stay on this side of the bed. And just remember that I'm right here, and wake me up if you feel scared, okay?"

I nodded, "Thank you, Mike." I sat myself on the left side of the bed, as he did on the opposite side. I looked over to him, and I rolled myself closer to him and kissed his cheek, "Goodnight, Michael. Thanks for being the greatest friend anyone could ask for," I rolled over to my side of the bed, and sat there staring at the wall.

About ten minutes after I wished him a goodnight, he turned on his side so that he was facing me, "Night Bonnie."
**
**
**
**
(A/N: Again, I apologise for yet another dull chapter, Sorry. :/ It'll get better from here!

Well, I wish my Author's Notes were longer, but I really don't know what to say ... other than, I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR READING AND COMMENTING! AHHHHH!

So speaking of that! Leave a Comment? Add a Vote? THAAAAANKSSS.

"All alone, wishing on stars. Waiting for you, to find me. One sweet night I knew I would see, a stranger who'd be my friend," ~Michael

Laugh Till It Hurts ~ Jazzy Jaxx)