Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight- [A/N: Wattpad's being a total jerk. IT WON'T UPDATE. So, that's why I'm posting this chapter again. Ergh. I'm sorry, guys.]

~Michael's POV~
When Stella walked in, I was shocked to see her. I didn't know she would be coming all the way from California to talk about our "situation", which is long dead and gone.

"Stella, we were never anything. I'm sorry to tell you that, but it's the truth. We were best friends that happened to steal a kiss, once. And again, I'm sorry that we left off on bad terms, and I apologise if I've hurt you in the past years." I took her hand off of my shirt.

She took a step back, and gave me these pleading eyes. Pleading that I remember. Her chest was rising up and down from breathing heavily and fast. She ran her hand through her hair and frustration.

Just as I was going to say something, she grabbed my face, and crashed her lips into mine. At first, I didn't want to do this; this is wrong, and wrong is not good. She started to add more passion into it, and I began to feel warm inside. All of the feelings that I felt for her at once all started to come back to me. I subconsciously kissed her back, thinking about the day in the studio.

"And you just pivot your leg, like this," I explained to Stella as I demonstrated the dance routine she was dying to learn.

She laughed, "Ah, that seems so difficult, Michael! I swear your bones are noodles," she smirked. She took a step back, and took a deep breath before attempting the dance move.

I stood close to her in case she needed immediate help. She spun around, and almost fell flat on her back. I put my hands out instinctively and caught her before she hit the floor. At the angle that I had her, the sun hit her perfectly on her dark brown eyes that rarely showed colour. When she blinked, they sparkled. I couldn't help myself, and I leaned in. She did the same as both of our eyes closed. We ended up laying on the floor next to each other, still sharing a kiss.

It got more heated, and it finally hit me; I can't do this. I've betrayed my best friend. I have a best friend back home that I promised I would never replace her with another, and that's exactly what I've done. What makes this worse is the fact that I haven't written Bonnie back because of Stella.

I let her go, having apologetic eyes, then left her there in the dance studio. I felt bad of course but I couldn't do this. She was the cook's daughter, and more importantly, I've taken this friendship too far. My one and only is Bonnie, and only her. I've broken our promise.

Remembering that day, and what became of it, snapped me out of my trance. I opened my eyes, realising that I can't be kissing someone else. But before I could pull away, I heard her voice.

"I'M BAC-!" She paused, "M-Michael?!" I finally jumped off of Stella, who seemed to be frightened by Bonnie's sudden appearance. She sniffled a tear, and wiped it away, just before turning around and slamming the door, with no word at all.

I turned to Stella, gave her a disappointed look, then left to go get her.

~Bonnie's POV~
After I finally forgive him, and can't wait to see his last concert in Japan with him, he gives me this?! I find him kissing the woman who betrayed me; only used me to get to my husband! And why in the freaking hell is he holding her freaking waist, and kissing her as she kisses him!

I couldn't do this ... not again. I turned back around, and shut the door, with a little more force than usual. He'll be happy now that I'm out of the picture. All I have to say is: WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IF I DIDN'T SHOW UP?!

No. No, Bonnie. Don't let this hold you up, Bonnie. I wasn't angry, I was just sick of being hurt all the time. Why does this always happen to me? I put myself out there, and I always get hurt no matter what.

"Bonnie, this is a misunderstanding, please! Come back!" He was running after me but I kept my jogging pace. The more he called for me, the more it hurt to keep running.

"Everything was pretty understandable in there, Mike!" I finally stopped and turned around. I couldn't take this anymore, the pain from it all was eating me alive. He had so much regret in his eyes. He gave every feeling he had away through his eyes.

Before he could speak, I retaliated, "Michael, why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep hurting me? Why do we keep fighting?! I don't like this at all, and we were supposed to be the childhood sweethearts that finally got together, and it's not the best feeling in the world anymore!" I just felt my knees get weaker with every breath, and eventually found myself crying on the floor. "I hate this, so much. Why can't we work anymore? Is fate trying to tell us something?" I looked at Michael, eyes puffy, nose running, and a horrible mess of makeup.

He began to cry a little, only showing his tears fall, and his voice becoming shaky. "Bonnie, don't say that. We love each other very much, and I know we both know that. Don't tell me this isn't working out, because I'm never more happier in my life than when I'm with you," he bent down and took strands of hair out of my face, and wiped more tears from my cheeks.

I gently took his face away from his face, "Michael, I'm not even sure if I'm positive if we're going anywhere," I placed my head in between my knees. "I miss us. The old us. The us that would never even think of fighting with each other. The us that would have all of these battles with different substances that we found right off the bat," I smirked a little, thinking about the previous wars we've shared. "But, I just don't know if being married is what we were destined to be. I feel farther from you now than I've ever felt in my entire life."

He started to cry softly with me on the floor, "Bonnie, I love you. I love you more than the sun, than the stars, than the world; don't tell me that you want to give us up!" He grabbed my hand and held it in his.

I took him in my arms, "I love you, too, Michael. But let's face it," I pulled away from him, crying hysterically, "We aren't who we were before we started dating. I miss being the original us. Please don't take this the wrong way, I love you. But we aren't going to love each other if we go on," I held him again, in a tighter hug. He hugged me even tighter this time; showing that he agrees with me.

I pulled away slowly as our grips loosened, "C'mon, Michael, you, have a show to go to," I tried to smile, but failed miserably.

He got up, with no word, and headed back to his dressing room, and then shut the door ... he opened it again, and Stella popped out. She looked around, in shock, then shook her head in disbelief. She walked up to me, with a slight smirk. I looked up at her, giving her the most dreadful look I could ever give anybody on the planet.

"Well, are you happy? Are you damn happy now, Stella?! Do you see what you did?!" I got up, and straight up slapped her across the face, and ran off to head to the stadium. Stella didn't follow. After I slapped her, she just stood there, a little shocked. She had it coming to her.

*

I sat backstage at the concert, and watched Michael sing his songs ... with little emotion. He didn't seem so passionate as he always was. He didn't smile as much. He didn't have the sharpness of his popping moves. And then, it was time for "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" & "She's Out Of My Life". This isn't good ...

"I just can't stop-!" He paused, as usual. But this time, he actually did fall to the ground in tears. I saw his face, and I knew that he was actually crying because, it's time to sing "She's Out Of My Life".

He sat there, for a good ten minutes. He was just sitting there, head in his knees, and cried. I knew he was crying because of our recent decision. I couldn't do this either. I watched him breakdown, just like that. The person next to me spoke into his earpiece.

"C'mon Mikey. We gotta get the show running," he said gently. I think he knew that Michael was crying. Everyone did actually. The crowd started to quiet down, in concern for Michael.

When we all thought that he was going to leave the show, he finally got up, and wiped his face many times before singing the line, "She's out of," he paused, and took a deep breath, "My life. And I don't know whether to-" he crouched back down, holding his forehead with his thumb and index finger.

I took the headset from the man and said, "Michael, please don't let me affect your show. The fans don't deserve that. We can discuss this again after the show. But don't let me get in the way of the concert. I'm not worth it, Michael."

With that, he got up, and shook his head; taking in more deep breaths. He looked around to see me, and he did. I waved at him, giving him an apologetic look while on the verge of tears. I know they're already spilling from my cheeks. He looked at me, then blew a kiss and wave. He killed me when he did that. I had to go to the bathroom to get myself together. This is the hardest thing to ever happen to me.

*

He finally finished the song and show, and exited the stage immediately. He passed me by, and turned back to me for a slight second, then ran back to the limo. I sighed heavily, keeping my tears in. A man tapped my shoulder, "Mrs. Jackson? They were wondering how you were going to get home ...? You can go inside the limo with Michael, you know?" He said in a 'duh' expression.

I sighed, "I-Um." I still wasn't completely sure about me and Michael, but I don't think he'd mind me going back to the hotel with him. "Yeah, I know. I'll see you guys later." I forcefully smiled, and walked to the limo.

*

We sat there awkwardly inside the limousine in silence. Michael sat with his headphones on, and staring out the window. Every now and then, a tear would fall off his cheek, but he'd play it off like it never happened.

The car ride to the hotel is an hour long, and I still feel like we've ended on a sour note. I got up from my seat, and walked to Michael and pulled off his headphones from his head.

He looked at me in surprise. I sighed a little heavily, "Can we talk?"

He nodded, "Sure," he had no emotion in his voice at all. It's like he's emotionally dead.

I sighed, feeling shaky. "Is there any type of tension between us, Mike? Is there any way that we can still be together without ... being together?"

He looked back out the window, taking in deep, shaky, breaths. "I guess we can do the best friend thing again if you'd like." Again, he wasn't Michael. My best friend isn't in there.

*

We got back to the hotel room, and realised again that there's only one bed.

"I'll, uh, sleep on the sofa." Michael headed to the living room.

I stopped him, "No!" He turned around again, a little surprised. "Um, you take the bed. You need it. I haven't been performing on stage; just take the bed, Michael."

He shrugged, and headed for the bedroom, "Where are you going to sleep?"

I sighed, "I'll uh-" I turned in a circle to look for something comfy, then pointed at the sofa, "Right there. It looks pretty suitable." I forcefully smiled.

He sighed, then rubbed his forehead, "Bonnie, just take the bed,"

"No, you deserve it though."

"But I want you to be comfortable,"

"I wasn't the one performing! I'm not exhausted and tired; just sleep on the bed. I'll be fine, really." I smiled.

He walked closer to me, "Please, take the bed. You know you want to be comfortable."

I groaned, "Michael! I refuse to sleep on your bed! You need it more than I do! Just be comfy, alright?"

We argued, and argued for a really long time. When I awoke, I wasn't sure what happened, but we both ended up on the bed, and I wrapped under his arms. I took sometime to enjoy the fact that he's asleep. But after I realised again that it wouldn't work out between us no matter how much I wanted it to. I got up slowly, and made my way back to the sofa to continue my sleep.
**
**
**
**
(A/N: Hey guys! Missed youu! Sorry for a late update, and I hope you guys are getting into it!

Sorry if I've angered many of you peeps...it's just how the story rollssssssssssss.

And I'm angry with Wattpad!! I can't look at my comment from Nevaeh! They're being stupid! So could you copy and paste your comment so I could read it?! IT'S KILLING ME THAT I CAN'T READ IT! UGH!

Stupid Wattpad.

Wellp, I gotta gets to sleep! I've been working on this chapter for a while, and I hope I entertained you guys!

COMMENT! VOTE! THANK YOU MY LOVES!

☻♡♫∞ Love You With All My Heart--
~~ Jazzy Jaxx)