8. Secrets

8.

Throughout the entire class, Ethan or should I say Mr Ethan, didn't remove his gaze from me at all, although he didn't ask me any questions. He wasn't looking at me in a creepy way, but more like...if-I-don't-keep-my-eyes-on-her-she'll-dissappear kind of look. Even when I was texting my mum regarding my new number, he still look at me.

If it were other teachers, I would've been phone-less right now.

And he keeps shifting his gaze between me and Avril. Every time he glances at Avril, he would clench his fist, puts on the furious mask and close his eyes like he's trying to control his own anger. And if Avril did notice, she didn't say anything.

I wasn't paying any attention in his class. I was totally immersed in my own thoughts; what is he doing here? Why of all teachers in this school, he has to be the one to teach my class.

Oh my gosh! Maybe he's here to seek revenge since he knows I listen in to their conversation. Wait, but he couldn't be that daring to kill me in school- he must have an accomplice with him to do it! Big biceps!

A nudge on my side made me jerk in my seat, erasing all the previous thoughts. I face Avril, scowling while rubbing the probably bruised side. "What?"

"You've been staring into space for nearly the entire class. You alright?" She leans in. "Are you thinking of hitting on our new teacher?" She murmurs and gives me a wink right after.

"You are freaking gross!" I retaliate, in a low voice so I won't attract the nosy souls. When I dart my eyes back onto the chalkboard, I saw Mr Ethan grimacing. I could see the black clouds looming over him as lightning flashes and thunder crackles. They would follow him wherever he goes and strikes anyone that annoys the hell out of him.

Boy, I have one heck of an imagination.

"All right class, you're free to go." Mr Ethan states. "Remember to do the work I gave you."

As soon as those words rush out of his mouth, everyone scampers out of the room as quick as lightning.

I pack my stuff and by the time I hoist the bag over my shoulder, Avril was already waiting for me. Avril and I, our seats are located at the other end of the class, near the windows that overlook the neighborhood. So, if we're going to leave the class, we have to pass by the teacher's desk. Normally there wouldn't be any problem when we pass by their desk, but today states otherwise.

Right when I turn to my right, walking in between the student and teacher's desk, I could feel Mr Ethan's gaze burning a hole at the side of my face. Stealing a sideways glance, sure enough he was looking at me, with the same kind of look. I must've been going crazy because I didn't feel intimidated at all under his watchful eyes. If anyone were in my shoes, they would've scurried off.

The moment he lands his gaze behind me, on Avril, I swear I heard him growl. His eyes changes into golden, his nose flared I could practically see the steam coming out of both of his ears and nose. He keeps clenching and unclenching his fist to the point where his knuckles went white.

"Shut it mongrel." I hear Avril mutter under her breath.

I may or may not know what's a mongrel but that sounds absolutely insulting, and I don't want us getting detention. Not on a Friday.

I hastily turn around, facing a calm and collected Avril. How can she be so calm when I, on the other hand is trying to get ourselves out of here, alive. "Avril!"

"We meet again, Reed."

"Sadly, I can't say the same, Rogers."

I would totally understand if he spat my surname like that but not Avril's.