Chapter 25.

I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I sit up. I look around the room to find the curtains closed and my phone no where in sight. I never close curtains in my room, unless it's a Sunday. And it's not a Sunday. But where my phone is, is just a mystery. In Andrea's bag? No. I remember having it in my hands during the Ferris wheel and using before going to bed.

I pulled the covers off of me after I decide to look for it later. My hair is all messed up, the crazy waves flowing down my back and my side bangs covering half my face. What is wrong with me this morning? I feel like I'm about to throw up. Like I'm sick. Probably all the cotton candy from yesterday mixed with soda and popcorn. I tug the hem of my tank top down and readjust my shorts as I walk out of the room, slightly yawning.

I zombie my way down the stairs until I hear faint voices. I recognize one but the other is different. I can't make it out. I creep down the rest of the steps as silently as I can before following the trail of the voices.

"I don't want to hurt her." I hear the familiar voice say, guilt obvious in his tone.

"I don't care. She needs to learn." I feel my eyes widen at the second voice. I clearly remember that slight Boston accent. Except, with different words. "That bitch needs to pay. She ruined my family so now I'm going to ruin her life. That's why I need you."

"I told you. I don't want to do it anymore!" The other yelled. The voice being so irritated.

"I don't give a damn Trevor! We made a deal and I'm paying you for this." I furrow my eyebrows. Why are they talking about me and what type of deal is this? "We agreed you'd win her over and date her. Then, dump her out of the blue and ruin her heart."

I felt the tears burning to come as I listen to this conversation that wasn't intended for me to hear. This is what he's been hiding. This was the reason why Sam gave me that look. He knew and didn't tell me. That bastard. All three of them are bastards. Assholes.

Even after reading my letters Sam had the nerve to hide this from me. I'm not saying I'm a saint because I did make a pact with Connor but it was off the minute I talked to Connor that night after me and Trevor got together. Not even four days and it's already formed by a lie. I called everything off the second he asked the question. But him? He kept with his pact. For what? Money.

Before I can react, the door swings open. Revealing a wide eyed Trevor and a smirking uncle. If I should even call him that anymore. Bastard's trying to ruin me. I stood there, my jaw clutched and my arms crossed over my chest. I'm upset. Hell I want to sink into a hole and cry until I die. But they can't know that. They are going to fucking pay.

"Hi, bitch." The damn bastard greets me.

"What are you doing here, asshole?" I shoot back. To my surprise, my voice is calm and demanding. Perfect.

"I would ask you the same thing. And in pajamas?" He shakes his head, pretending to be disappointed but clearly amused at the sight. He is so...

"You're not a saint yourself." I cock an eyebrow as he looks at me, his anger radiating off of him.

"Why you little bitch. I could get you for that!" He threatens me but I'm in no way threatened.

"You could. But I see you're using someone to do it for you." I gesture to Trevor. His expression drops into shock and a frown. Not a pang of guilt. Thankfully.

"What's going on here?" I hear Jc behind me. He walks up to us, eyeing the bastard that decided to show up and threaten me. "Why are you here?"

"I just came for business."

"Bastard." I mumble under my breath. Jc clearly catches onto the tension, one of the reasons why I like him, he learns things quickly.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He states, motioning for the door. The man I used to call my uncle huffed, picked up his briefcase and walked past us and out the door.

"Dylan, I-"

"Save it." I interrupt Trevor. I don't want to hear excuses. I walk away from him and into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle and a granola bar, I walk up the stairs to the room I was supposed to stay in for the next week and a half.

I grab my suitcase, pack all the clothes I had, set out an outfit for tomorrow and finally found my phone on the floor.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom." I speak into the line, I want to cry but I'm not going to.

"Hi sweetie, what's going on? Are you having fun?" I take in a shaky, deep breath in and out.

"Can I come home early?"

"Of course. But why?"

"I'll explain when I get home. I'll be there tomorrow night." We say our goodbye's before hanging up.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. Trevor is sitting on the couch, his head in his hands while the rest of the guys are just looking at him in a disapproving manner. I tap Jc on the shoulder. When he turns around I motion for him to follow me.

We go back up the stairs and into my room.

"What's up?"

"Jc, I'm going back home." His eyes widen then go into hurt.

"Why? What did we do wrong?" He puts his hands on my shoulders, looking me straight in the eye. This is difficult.

"It's not you guys. It's Trevor. And the man I used to call my uncle." I cringe at the thought of him used to being family.

"Okay. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow. Can you take me to the airport and I'll buy my ticket." He nods. Before he takes his hand off my shoulders, I take his hands in mine and pull him into a hug. He's been my best friend my whole trip here and although I can't see him ever again after this, I still hope to keep in touch.

"I'll call you as often as I can to fill you in." He says, as if reading my mind. I hug him tighter.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being my friend." I pull away to look at him. "My best friend." His eyes begin to water as he pulls me into a tighter hug, sucking out the breath from my lungs. He lifts me up and spins me around, I can feel his smile in the crook of my neck and I love to know that he is my friend. And more importantly, my first friend after everything.

[Follow me on Twitter (@awkofreakintaco) for updates on this story and more]