Chapter 4.

Dear Our2ndLife Boys,

So my psychiatrist has agreed with my aunt that I should go to California for Digifest. She only allowed if I continued to write these letters so, here I am. I'm on the airplane to California and I'm honestly so bored.

I don't have anyone sitting next to me so I was able to stretch across the other seat and catch up on my sleep. The flight attendants on this plane are so rude. Two of them started questioning me about my age and if my parents were near by. Like, who cares? Do I really look that young?

I don't really know how to continue these. I mean, am I supposed to write my feelings down or something? But I'm honestly so excited to go to Digifest. I know it doesn't show in this letter but I'm just trying to sound a bit more "adult" according to my aunt.

Bye.

"Attention passengers this is your captain speaking. We will be landing in thirty to forty-five minutes. Thank you." The intercom says and I sigh.

As I wait for the plane to land, nothing works to ease my anxiety. I close my eyes and try to take a small nap and hopefully wake up when the plane lands. As I slowly drift off to sleep, I hear muffled voices of flight attendants and business men closing their laptops.

I wake to bumps and a loud noise then I realize it's the plane landing. I open my eyes and look out the window. Apparently we are entering the tunnel and I wait for the seat belt light to turn off. When it does, I stay seated. I've seen those movies where everyone stands up at the same time and you can barely move and I do not want to be a part of that.

When most of the line is already off the plane, I stand up and grab my back pack from under the chair in front of me. I walk out and say good bye to the rude flight attendants and the pilot.

I look every where for the sign leading to the baggage claim and, luckily, I find it. I thought I had to ask someone or something because that would have been tragic. I reach the conveyer belt of my flight and instantly find my graffiti filled suitcase. Yes, I spray painted my suitcase. How else would I find it in California?

I pull it out and head over to the taxi station of the airport. "Hi, can you give me a ride to this hotel?" I give him the piece of paper that the name and address of the hotel is and he nods. "Thank you."

He takes my suitcase out of my hand and puts it inside his trunk and he opens the door for me. I thank him once more and sit inside the tight taxi cab. He gets in and starts driving to the hotel and I don't know what to feel. Anxious? Excited? All I feel is the overwhelming sensation that I'm going to throw up.

As he takes me to the hotel, the cab driver doesn't make small talk with me and just turns on the radio. I decide to look out the window and I'm surprised at the view. The streets are crowded but it's amazing. So many people on the streets going from store to store and I see a lot of people riding boards. My kind of people.

He enters the front section of the drop off at the hotel and step out of the cab. He takes out my suitcase and I pay for the ride. He thanks me and starts heading to drive away. I sigh and turn around to see an enormous hotel in front of me. How did my aunt pay for this?

I look around and find a man holding a sign with my name on it. So the email wasn't a scam. I walk over to him and he smiles.

"Are you Dylan Radner?" He asks me as I shake his hand.

"The very one." I laugh. Wow, I'm trying to be very peppy. But I'm just so excited I'm mentally jumping up and down.

"Perfect. So I'm James, as you know from the email, and I'm here to speak to you about hosting one of the shows." I nod and he continues, leading me to the front desk inside the hotel.