Chapter 3.

I was packing my suitcase for me to head off to California. I just needed to pack my shoes and pack my carry on bag. It wasn't much although I'm going there for three weeks. See, although I only need to go there for a week, my aunt wanted me to stay there for three because if I made friends, I could spend more time with them.

Which was highly unlikely for me to make friends there. I have no social skills and I hate having to depend on other people. So I'm most likely going to spend my days in my hotel room on my computer.

My cousin came home a couple days ago and he's staying here for the time between semesters. It isn't long but it's long enough to keep my aunt occupied while I'm in California. I'm leaving tomorrow and my aunt seems a bit too excited about me going.

"I can't believe my dau- niece, is going to California all by herself! Dylan, are you excited?" She walks into my room and sits on my bed. The only space available on my bed. The space I needed to put a pile of clothes.

"Yeah, other than the fact that my psychiatrist is making write letters." I say under my breath and set the pile of clothes on a swivel chair. "But other than that, I am. I get to have the chance of a life time thanks to you." She smiles at me and soon leaves the room after my cousin calls for her.

I sigh and walk over to my suitcase and try to make space for the pile of clothes on my chair. I hear my laptop make a noise so I walk over to it and see I received an email. I look over the title and it says "To Dylan Radner."

I open the email and gasp as I read over the email. It was from the Digifest company.

Dylan Radner,

We found that you have bought tickets to Digifest. We are happy to say we are offering you V.I.P tickets to meet some of the performers back stage. You were one of the ten people out of one thousand to receive these passes.

We will offer you the tickets once you check into your hotel. A man by the name of James Coleman will wait for you at your hotel in order to give you your tickets.

There, in the building Digifest is being held, once you go backstage you will be able to meet performers and choose if you would like to host one of the shows. One of our hosts is unavailable the day of Digifest so we are offering you a once in a lifetime chance to host.

We hope to hear from you back.

-Digifest Producers.

"Am I being pranked?" I ask myself as I hit reply and reply to the email.

Digifest Producers,

I would love to host one of your performances. I will be arriving to California tomorrow afternoon and I will be glad to meet James Coleman tomorrow at my hotel. Thank you so much for this opportunity I really appreciate it.

~Dylan Radner

I smile to myself hoping that this was a real email from the actual people from Digifest. I sigh and finish packing. I pull my suitcase off of my bed and put it next to the door of my room. I change into some extra pajamas I haven't used in a couple months.

I slide into the covers after I turn my light off. I close my eyes and try to imagine what Digifest would be like. I just imagine long lines and rows of tables filled with YouTubers and other performers. I smile to myself as I feel myself drift off to sleep.

I woke up to someone clapping and blinding lights seeping through my lids. "Wake up sweetheart!" I hear my aunt scream, causing a ringing in my ears to start.

"Aunt." I groan and pull my pillow over my head. I feel her hands on my shoulders and she shakes me. "I'm up just please, close the blinds please."

"Sure thing." I hear her walk over to my window and the light dims in my room. "Are you excited for today?"

I sit up and rub my eyes. "Yeah. I honestly can't believe I'm going to California to go to Digifest to see people that make me happy." I smile and I look at my aunt. She has a smile on her face but sadness in her eyes.

"I can't believe my niece is going to another state all by herself!" She engulfs me into a hug and I hear her quiet sobs.

"Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it and you'll have Cameron here with you." My aunts eyes grow wide and she looks at me like I'm crazy. "What?"

"You called your cousin by his first name." I laugh at her realization. "Seriously, that's a big step for you!"

I haven't called either my aunt or my cousin by their names. Just by aunt and cousin. See, after my aunt told me about the whole "parents" thing, I couldn't look at them in the eye. I grew up thinking my aunt and my cousin were my mother and brother. So I guess you can see where I freaked out.

I haven't called my aunt by her name in a long time. I could call her Aunt Maggie but I'm too much of a coward to do so. Calling my cousin by his first name, Cameron, was a big step for me but I've been planning to do so for a while now.

"Dylan! Your plane ride is in two hours!" Cameron calls down for me and I smile. This is really happening. I jump and my aunt leaves my room for me to change. I change into some high-waisted shorts and a blue, sleeveless button up. I looked over my jewelry cabinet and took my black bracelets and a black and white studded bracelet on my other arm.

I grab my laptop and put it inside my carry on bag with it's charger. I take my phone from my desk and stuff it inside my back pocket and run down the stairs. I meet Cameron at the stairs and he tells me he'll get my bag from upstairs. I thank him and head to the kitchen.

I grab a granola bar and put it inside my carry on and then go to the fridge. I find a slice of pizza I ordered last night and started eating it cold. No time to heat it up. Once I'm finished, I run to my bathroom and brush my teeth. I put my toothbrush into my carryon along with toothpaste and I head out the door to find Cameron and my aunt out side closing the trunk.

I run up to hug my cousin. "Thank you Cameron. Really." I pull away from the hug and see his eyes wide. "What?" I laugh.

"Dylan." He shrieks and pulls me back into another hug. "You finally called me by my name! She called me by my name!" He lifts me off of the floor and I laugh as he spins me around.

"Cameron put me down!" I laugh and he puts me down. He pulls me into a tighter hug.

"I love you. Whether you're my cousin or my sister. I will always treat you like my little sister. I love you Dylan." He looks at me with his eyes wide and a huge smile on his face.

"I love you too Cameron. And I'll miss you." I hug him for what seems like the fourth time then pull away. "I have to go now. My plane leaves in an hour and a half and the airport is a little over an hour away."

"You think I'm letting you go that easy?" I furrow my brows. "I'm taking you to the airport now. We are saying our last goodbyes at the airport. Not here." He runs to the drivers seat of the car and I look at my aunt. Who has tears streaming down her face.

"Go. I'll say goodbye here and you go with Cameron." She pulls me into a hug and I take in her sweet perfume. I never want to lose this scent. "Bye sweetheart. Good luck in California. Good luck on the show you're hosting."

"Bye aunt. I love you." We pull back and I walk over to the passengers side of the car. I open the door and look back at my aunt and smile at her. I look back at my cousin and go into the car and close the door.