Chapter 8.

"Are you that girl Dylan?" I nodded. "I love you! You are really funny. Can I get your autograph or a picture?"

"A picture lasts longer, doesn't it?" I go around my chair to take the picture with her. "That sounded way self centered, I'm so sorry."

She laughed. Her straight, white teeth shining with her smile. "Don't worry. I like you. You're different from other people." She waves good bye and walks away to another table.

"I think some fans like you." Ricky whispered into my ear, making me jump.

"How did you get here? Aren't you on the other side of the table?" I look over to where he was supposed to be, next to Connor.

"They wanted a picture with me and you together with them." Soon enough, a group of about three girls comes up with an older woman. Probably one of their mothers.

Me and Ricky stood between them, smiling at the smartphone being held by the woman in front of me. When we pulled apart, they thanked us and walked off to the other side of the table where Connor was. I watched as they took individual pictures with him.

"You were worried about nothing." Trevor whispers to me and I can't help the smile that lands on my face. He smiled as well and continued signing posters and photos of himself for fans.

For the next ten minutes, I sat there. Watching fans come and go. Just a couple weeks ago, I thought I was going to be like them, see them once then never see them ever again in my life. But I was lucky. I was different. I get to hang out with them and spend time with them.

A couple fans smiled, others gave me weird looks. But I kept a smile on my face knowing it was only through jealousy that they were giving me looks. But if looks could kill.

"Dylan!" My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice: Trevor's. I turn my head and I see him smiling at me, a fan mirroring his expression. "Come into the picture with us! Is that okay?" He asks the girl and she nods.

"Okay." I smile a wide smile in the picture, today I feel confident. I feel something I've never felt before in a long time. Free. I feel the walls I've spent years building just slowly crumbling down and it's not even a full two days I've been in California.

"Hi." I hear a shaky voice next to me. I turn my head to see a girl a bit shorter than me, tan, brown hair and dimples. Adorable ones, might I add. "You're Dylan right?" She points to me and I nod. "Can I have a picture with you and Trevor? I saw you guys during the show and I can say you guys are my new OTP!" She squeals after both me and Trevor laugh at her being excited.

"It's mine too." Trevor says. His eyes fixed on me. I can't see him but by the look on the girl's face in front of me, Trevor is looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Keep dreaming, lover boy." I roll my eyes and lightly shove him to the side. I like this little show we're playing just for the fans. "So, the picture?"

The girl nods and starts taking pictures with us. After about three pictures, I feel two hands on my waist. Trevor. His body inches closer to mine from behind and he lightly kisses me on the cheek. I see the girl take the last picture of him kissing my cheek and she squeals.

"I love you guys so much!" Me and Trevor laugh.

"You know what, since you're a lot of fun, how about Trevor gives you two signed pictures instead of one?" The girl screams in excitement and Trevor laughs, heading to the table to sign both pictures.

"Nice acting you pulled back there." I elbow Trevor as I whisper in his ear after the girl had left.

Trevor's smile fell a bit but he soon recovered. "Yeah, thanks." I go to sit in my chair and wait for more fans. "Just acting." I hear Trevor mumble under his breath and I feel confused. His tone was a disappointed tone. As if, he didn't think of it as acting. I laugh at myself thinking about that. Never in a million years.