Picture 12: Cozy talks around the fireplace

The next week went by fast for Luhan. He was excited to spend his first vacation with his friends. He was bummed when he found out that Xiumin wouldn't be able to join them but with the promise of chocolate, Xiumin got off the hook.

Now it was Friday, the last day of school before winter break officially started. And the students were going insane. Teachers were having difficulty keeping the kids in rein, and many just gave up.

Luhan sat at the table he was assigned too, goggles strapped to his face and he was staring intently at the open flame. Kyungsoo, who was his lab partner, turned up the oxygen for the Bunsen burner, making the flame turn a cool blue color.

"Perfect, you ready?"

Luhan nodded cutely and Kyungsoo smiled widely at Luhan's hair. His fluffy honey blonde hair was tied up in an apple bob, to keep it out of his face. Now it looked like a fountain on top of his head.

Kyungsoo held up the stick coated in the first chemical and put it under the fire. Luhan smiled and clapped his hands when the fire turned a fiery green.

Doing a chemistry lab the day before break was debatable but somehow the students managed not to blow anything up. After they finished the lab, Kyungsoo cleaned up as Luhan started on the follow up questions.

"Hey baby."

Kyungsoo spun around to see Chanyeol standing behind him, hands tucked into his front pocket as he flashed a brilliant smile.

"Chan!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, forgetting about the open faucet, "What are you doing here?"

Chanyeol leaned forward, pecking Kyungsoo's lips as he turned off the sink behind him, "The teacher let us out early and I knew you were in chem, so I decided to visit. And since Professor Lin loves me, I can stay."

Chanyeol faltered, "Well, as long as I don't pull a Jongin and knock down an entire row of test tubes."

"That was one time!" The said male exclaimed as he walked by.

Chanyeol looked around the room, "Where's Lu?"

Kyungsoo motioned to behind Chanyeol. The tall male turned around just in time to see Luhan catch Sehun's attention. The black haired male dropped his pencil and walked away from his lab partner.

He approached Luhan, saying something, most probably asking what's wrong. Luhan signed something, something about the lab questions.

Unlike Sehun who was a natural born genius or Jongin who was a whiz at memorizing, Kyungsoo still had trouble learning sign language. But he was determined.

Sehun nodded and started pointing to things on paper. Slowly his arm raised up and rested comfortably on Luhan's waist. The latter was too focused on what Sehun was saying that he didn't realize. That or maybe it was completely okay for Sehun to hold him like that.

Kyungsoo elbowed Chanyeol and pointed the scene out. The taller male squealed and thrust his fist into the air in victory. Jongin, who turned around just in time to see Chanyeol standing awkwardly, hand in the air. He glanced at Kyungsoo, hoping for answers.

Kyungsoo smirked and motioned towards Sehun and Luhan with his head. Jongin turned around and his face fell when Luhan turned to Sehun, just inches away from him. Luhan signed a 'thank you' and Sehun just squeezed Luhan's waist tighter, pulling him into his body before letting him go. Luhan watched in awe as Sehun walked away.

Jongin turned back around and sighed, "Guess Sehun got dibs."

"You kids all buckled in?!"