How Can I Ever Get Past This Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Nothing" I replied

"It didn't look like nothing" Trent stated

"Well it was nothing." I said walking pass him up the stairs. He grabbed my wrist

"Josh has worked hard on ya’ll relationship. He has girls all the time begging to ride his dick, but he ignores all that because of you and I know that yall aren't having sex, so that's a pretty hard thing to ignore being that Josh was fucking a girl every night before he met you."

"Let go of me" Was all I said, he had clearly pissed me off. Kaylin kissed me! I had broken the kiss off and told him that  he should leave. It wasn’t Trent’s place to throw all that shit in my face.

 I walked away and went upstairs. I heard the shower running and figured Josh was in the shower. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. I heard the shower turn off and the door open. I felt the bed being pressed down on both sides of me, I felt josh removing the hair away from my neck and then he trail kisses up and down the back of my neck. Then he stopped and his weight lifted off of me. I turned around to see him putting on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

"Come on you've got to judge the brownie competition" he said walking out the room. I followed him. Once I made it into the kitchen the aroma hit me. It smelled so good. I was so ready to try these brownies. Once I had finished the brownies, I was trying to decide who the winner was they all tasted delicious. Maybe I was just being a fat kid.

"Come on baby, go ahead and name me the winner" Josh said

"Nah man, Sydney needs to be honest and tell the truth" Trent said staring straight into my eyes. How come I got the feeling that he wasn't only talking about brownies.

"Come on Sydney we all know who the real winner is." Stephanie joked

"Just tell the truth!" Trent half yelled

"What are you talking about?" I yelled back

"You and that guy you kissed" Holy shit! Did he just say that out loud? What the hell was his problem? I looked towards Josh. He had a weird look on his face but I couldn't decipher what it was.

"Sydney what's he talking about?"

"Josh it was nothing"

"If it was nothing, why didn't you tell me?" He asked keeping his calm composure.

"Because I didn't want you to get mad and frankly there was nothing to tell."

"Did it mean anything?"

"What?"

"Damn Sydney I know he's your ex, so did the kiss mean anything?" I jumped Josh had never really yelled at me before, but the truth was I didn't know. I didn't really know if the kiss meant anything or not. I said nothing my mouth was frozen I didn't know what to say.

"Fuck it!" Josh said as he walked out the kitchen and then upstairs.

"Sydney what happened?" Stephanie asked me

"My ex came over to apologize about something that happened a long time ago and he kissed me and I kissed him back but I pushed him away when I thought about Josh and how much I loved being with him" Tears were spilling down my face and I couldn't stop them. The thought of losing Josh hurt so much. I couldn't lose him. He was my rock. He had helped me through so much.

"It's okay Sydney. He's just hurt right now, he feels like he took a chance with a girl and it was all for nothing"

"But It wasn't for nothing." I replied