How Can I Ever Get Past This Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Wake up Sydney" my mom called out. Was it morning already? I looked at the clock and sure enough it was seven-thirty and we were planning on leaving at eight. I got out the bed. I didn't have much to do because we had already loaded everything in the car last night and I had already taken my shower. I walked in the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my teeth, the whole shabang. I put my hair in a pony, slid on some jeans and flip flops and pulled a Hollister shirt over my head. I headed down stairs.

"Hurry up honey we are going to be late" she muttered.

"Mom its college we got nothing to be late for" She was so dumb. We headed to the car. We had about a three hour drive ahead of us. I put my earphones in my ear and played "Home" by Michael Buble. I wondered what my college life would have in store for me.

I was singing to "Thug In My Life" by Rihanna when we pulled up to the college finally.

"We're here" My mom shouted.

"Duh Mom I can see that" We got out the car.

"Let's go find your dorm first" she stated. I don't know why she was so excited. I was the one going to college not her. We headed towards the dorms.

After about thirty minutes of looking we finally found it. I took my key they had given me. Before I could even unlock the door, someone from the other side did me the favor.

"Hey, you must be Sydney, nice to meet you. I'm Stephanie, your roommate. I'm so glad you're here."

"Hey" was all I could say to this overly excited girl. How did she already know my name? She pulled me into a hug breaking me away from my thoughts.

"We are going to be good friends" She said with excitement. I examined her. She was your typical stereotype. The blonde haired blue eyed beauty. She was very pretty, but she didn’t seem to dingy from the looks of it.

"Hey I'm Sydney's mom"

"Hey it's nice to meet you"

"Hey Mom we should go ahead and bring all the luggage up" I told her.

"Yea great idea" my mom said.

"Here I'll help" Stephanie said.

After we brought up all my luggage, my mom left; she had some business work to do; fucking her boss. Stephanie and I started setting all of our things up. She had only gotten there an hour before me.

"So are you from around here?" she asked me.

"No I live about three hours away, are you?" I asked her.

"Yea I used to live about 30 minutes away" she replied.

"Oh"

"So do you have somebody special in your life?" She asked me.

"You mean like a boyfriend". I chuckled. If only she knew."No definitely not, do you?" I asked her.

"Yea my boyfriend goes here; you can meet him when we are done. You can meet his best friend Josh too, he's pretty cute" She stated.

"Sounds great" I said sarcastically "So does any of your friends go here" I asked her.

"Ummmm no I don't have many friends, just my boyfriend Trent and Josh" She stated.

"Oh same here without the Trent and Josh" I said.

"Well you can have the Trent and Josh, I'll tell them to meet us somewhere so yall can meet."

"Okay sounds good"  This time I wasn't being sarcastic. Maybe I would have some new friends. I could have a fresh new start. After we got threw unpacking everything we got ready or she got me ready. I was fine with my ponytail jeans and shirt but Stephanie wasn't. She straightened my hair, did my makeup and told me to wear some clothes I hadn't worn since my junior year.

"I'm done, you look so pretty. You're gorgeous". I looked in the mirror. I never wore much makeup, but Stephanie didn't put on too much. She put on purple eye shadow to match the halter top she told me to wear. She did add eyeliner and lip gloss. I did look pretty. I hadn't seen myself like this in a long time. I smiled and turned to her.

"Thank you"

"No problem chick, come on lets go we are meeting them at a local bar we like to go to"

"And we can get in into this bar?" I questioned

"Girl with our looks we can get in anywhere" I laughed and got in her car. I wonder what tonight had in store for me.