How Can I Ever Get Past This Chapter 10

Chapter 10

1 YEAR AND 6 MONTHS LATER....

I had just finished packing my last box for college. I was only excited because it meant that I would be given a new start. I wouldn't have to be reminded about Nate, Kaylin, or Andrea every single day. I took the last box down stairs. My mom and I would be leaving tomorrow. She was dropping me off at college. I had basically missed out on all High School events that I had planned on going to prom, homecoming Cotillion, senior trips, and graduation. I know right who doesn't go to their own graduation. My mom was kind of pissed, but who cares. I couldn’t handle being there. I could barely handle anything anymore.

As for me and Andrea we had not talked since that day when I told her what Nate did. Kaylin and I never said a word to each other until the middle of senior year, but I just ignored him. So every once in a while he would speak to me but I never returned the favor. I wanted to just forget about Nate. He was the same old bastard. Him and Andrea were not official. I couldn’t even believe it myself. How could you become intimate with the guy who your best friend had told you was her rapist. My last two years in high school I had been friendless and there were no guys in my life. I don't think I could ever love someone or let them love me for that matter. I could barely let a guy touch me, so being intimate was way out of the question. I walked back upstairs and put on some shoes. My mom was trying to be a mother, so she was taking me out for dinner, my last night in town. I thought it was kind of too late to actually be trying to be a mother. I was honestly over her. All I needed her for was money.

She had told me to meet her at Red Lobster . it was my favorite restaurant in town. I used to go there all the time with Kaylin. We went there on almost every date. I grabbed my keys and headed to my car.. I pulled into Red Lobster and walked inside. Mom wasn't there yet which was expected so I ordered myself a strawberry lemonade and some calamari for an appetizer. I was there for more than twenty minutes when she finally  arrived.

"You're late" I stated.

"I know I got caught up at the office and you know how the office is" She replied.

"Yea you were probably fucking your boss" I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" She asked

"Nothing never mind" She gave me a weird look.

"So are you excited about college?" She asked.

"I guess" I replied.

Dinner was basically quiet and awkward for the rest of the time. So I told her I was tired and that I was ready to go home. There was no need to make small talk.  So she paid for the ticket and we were leaving.

"Sydney" someone called out. I knew that voice all too well. I kept walking.

"Sydney" He called again.

"Sydney I think that guy wants you" She turned around, my mom was so dumb could she not realize that I was trying to ignore him.

"Hey" Kaylin said. I didn't say anything.

"Hey I'm Sydney's mother and you are?" Yea she never met Kaylin that lets you know how much she was never around.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kaylin" he replied.

"How you been Syd?" Kaylin asked.

"Okay" I mumbled not really wanting to talk to him.

"Well I'm going to let you two talk. I'll see you at home Sydney"

"Mom you do--" I started.

"See you later" She said interrupting me and walking out the doors.

"Sydney can we talk?" Kaylin asked me.

"No!" I said bluntly.

"Why not?" He questioned.

"We have nothing to talk about." I told him monotonously

"Come on Syd we are leaving off for college soon and it will probably be a while before we see each other again" he explained.

"I hope we never see each other again" I said to him.

"Come on Syd don't be like that" He said.

"Whatever Kaylin goodbye" and with that I left. That kind of felt good. I felt like a million weights had been lifted off my shoulder. I went home took a shower and went to sleep. I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow.