How Can I Ever Get Past This Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I threw my bags down on the floor and flopped down on the bed. I was tired as hell from this trip. It was so much fun though and we definitely had to do it again sometime. I closed my eyes resting them.

I felt someone hover over me and then place kisses on my neck. I knew that it was no one other than Josh.

"Mhmmm what are you doing?" I asked him still keeping my eyes closed.

"I'm kissing you" Josh replied. I laughed "Are you tired?" he asked

"uh huh" I replied

"Okay I'm a let you get some sleep" He kissed me one more time then got up. I opened my eyes as I saw him heading for the door.

"You're not staying?" Gosh didn't I sound needy?

"I got a paper I need to start on and I don't want to keep you up." he informed me.

"Okay goodnight"

"Good night babe see you tomorrow "he replied. I lay in bed for a few more minutes before I drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on Josh's bed with Trent. I was beating him in mortal combat. Josh was at his desk finishing his paper and Stephanie had gone to the store.

"Damn she's beating your ass ain't she Trent?" Josh asked

"Dude I'm letting here win." He replied

"Don't even. You don't have to lie is okay if you get your ass whooped by a girl in your own game" I stated Josh and I laughed.

 Man whatever I done told you I'm letting you win." he repeated.

"Okay then stop letting me win."

"Oh my gosh" Stephanie said excitedly as she burst through the door.

"Guess what?" She asked

"What?" we all replied simultaneously.

"Trey Songz is performing at Bush Gardens in Tampa, Fl" she said happily.

"Okay..." I replied wondering why she was telling us this.

"What do you mean okay? We have got to go, I mean we are riding rides and going to a concert" She stated.

"Well you can ride my ride here baby" Trent said with a smirk on his face

"Shut up, anyways come on you guys we should go it would be so much fun and Sydney Tampa is near Tallahassee so you could see your friends and family." I had no friends and I barely had family. I didn't want to go back to my hometown unless it was absolutely necessary.

"Whatever I don't care" I said trying to get her off the subject of my hometown.

"Trent, Josh?" She said asking them.

"Whatever" they said in unison Steph let out a high pitched screech and started dancing she was so lame. I laughed at her.

"So when's the concert" I asked

"Next Saturday" she said

"Okay" I felt my phone buzz in my pocket I took it out. I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyways.

"Hello," I answered

"Hey sweetie its mom" She must have wanted something she hardly ever calls me. She had only called me a few times since I left home. She was usually at work or with her boss.

"Hey mom what's up?"

"Well I had some free time coming up and I was wondering if you wanted to come home so we could spend some time together?" Was she serious?

"Mom I wish I could but I have some much homework and classes are overwhelming me." I knew this was a  complete lie, but I just really didn't feel like dealing with her.

"Aw come on sweetie"

"Mom I can't come down and see you, I wish I could but'--"

"Sydney we can visit your mom when we go to Tampa!" Stephanie shouted. What the hell? If Stephanie wasn't the dumbest bitch ever I don't know who was. I looked at Stephanie and shot her an evil glare. Trent and Josh looked at me like I was crazy.

"Wait Sydney you're going to Tampa, well Tallahassee is on the way there, why don't you just spend a night here." She pleaded.

"Mom it's not just going to be me, I'm going to be with friends we can't spend the night"

"I would love to meet your mom and spend the night at her house, it's no big deal." Josh said. I looked at him. "What the hell?" I mouthed towards him

"See hunnie your friends don't mind, why won't you come?" She said.

"Mom.... Okay whatever Ill come."

"Great hunnie so when are yall going to Tampa?" She questioned.

"Next Saturday" I told her.

"Ok great see you then."  She said before hanging up. How fucking ironic? We plan a trip to Tampa and then my mom calls. I swear I had the worst luck in the world. I put my phone down and slapped Josh across the shoulder.

"What the hell was that?"

"What do you mean?" he asked

"I'd love to meet your mom" I said trying to sound like him. He laughed.

"It's not funny and Stephanie why did you blurt that out?"

"Sorry I didn't know it was a big deal" She replied. I was seriously screwed.

"Come on Syd why don't you want us to meet your mom?" Josh questioned.

"I don't care if you meet her, I just don't want to go see her."

"Why?" Josh asked

"Never mind just forget about it. She already thinks were coming so yea I guess we go down a day early and spend the night there." I said

"Sounds good" Stephanie said

"Not at all" I replied