"It's just a story."

Character: Tate Langdon
Okay the video above doesn't really  go with this one shot but I was on youtube and found it, immediately I fell inlove with it and saved it to my "Favorite Edits" playlist. So that's why I have it up there, not to go with the story or anything lmao.

"C'mon Y/N, just do it. It's not like you're gonna die in there."

"But what if the stories are true?" You questioned your friend. Tonight you were invited to a sleepover with your friend and some of her close friends that she knew before she moved here. You got into a intense game of truth or dare and of course, you just had to pick dare.

"But that's exactly it, they're just stories. I mean seriously? Why would they keep putting this house up for sale if all those murders are true?" Sarah replied. Sighing you nodded your head. Yup, you were dared to go into the infamous Murder House. But she's right, people may not be buying this house but they still wouldn't sell it if that many people did die in there... Right?

You started walking towards the gate, ignoring the giggles from the girls behind you and Sarah telling them to stop. You focused in the sound of your shoes scuffing against the concrete.

As you opened the rusty gate, it let out a squeak making you flinch. You stood there for a moment, just taking in the view of the house. It didn't look that scary, but that's exactly what made it scary.

Walking inside the house, that was surprisingly unlocked, you could hear your heart thumping 100 miles per hour it seemed.

As soon as you walked into the house it let off a weird feeling, it felt like 100 eyes were stalking you, making you their prey and planning how exactly they were gonna pounce in you.

Swallowing the lump in your throat you kept going, staying clear of the broken and dusty furniture throughout the hallways. You found yourself walking into the living room, now that you got a good look, this place was actually pretty beautiful. Either than the old furniture, if you cleaned this place up it would be a great place for a family to live.

You jumped, snapping out of your thoughts, when you heard a muffled crash. It sounded like glass colliding with the floor. No Y/N don't go towards the sound, just leave and never look back... Dammit.

You tiptoed towards the room you heard the crash from. It looked to be the kitchen, with a sink and island, along with an old fridge that probably didn't work anymore. Glancing around for the shattered object, you found a broken plate broken into 5 parts laying on the ground. It was too far away from any high surface to just fall off and break. Which meant... Someone dropped it on purpose.

"Hello?" You called out, this was probably just a stupid joke Sarah and her friend's were playing. "This isn't funny Sarah!"

"Who's Sarah?" You jumped with a yelp, turning towards the voice. In front of you was a boy with shaggy blonde hair, brown eyes, black shirt, with ripped jeans, and looks about 16-17 years old.

"W-who are you?! What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing.-"

"You didn't answer my question!"

"You didn't answer mine either." He replied with a smirk. It made you have goosebumps and uncomfortable, you shifted your weight from one foot to the other. Just before you could ask why he was in there again, the laughing and giggles of Sarah's friends came from outside, you rolled your eyes knowing they were probably laughing at how you were still in there.

"Who are they?" Tate asked, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"My friend Sarah and her friend's... They dared me to come in here." You explained as the laughter rang again.

"They don't seem to be good friends..."

"They laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they're the same." You quoted, making Tate's head jerk up with a slight smile.

"Was that a Kurt Cobain reference?" He asked, making you chuckle.

"You like Nirvana?" 

"Kurt Cobain's the best."

"Yeah... Too bad he died before I was born. Give me a nice quiet room, headphones, and Nirvana I am set." You explained, smiling glad you found someone who had the same interests as you. Tate opened his mouth to say something but yelling of everyone calling your name interrupted.  "I should probably get going." You sighed.

"Okay, I'll see you around... Y/N." He replied, getting your name from the girls yelling it outside. You gave him a smile before turning around. 

"Hey, I didn't get your name." You said, turning around before you walked out the door, but he was gone. Your eyebrows knitted together wondering why he left so fast. 

The familiar scuffing of your shoes on the concrete sounded as you walked back down towards Sarah and her friend's.

"We were about to go in there, did you see anything... Anyone?" Sarah asked, lifting her eyebrows. You thought for a moment before answering.

"Nope... Like you said, it's just a story."