"I'm gonna get you help."

Character: Tate Langdon (Requested by @SweaterTheNUn )

"Hey Y/N!" Your friend greeted you as you walked up the steps of your high school, Westfield High. 

"Hey Taylor." You greeted back with a smile before continuing on your way since she was occupied with her boyfriend at the moment and you didn't want to ruin it. Plus you had to go see your boyfriend as well, Tate.

Tate Langdon was your boyfriend of 2 years. You both have been best friends since second grade, until 2 years ago you both confessed your major huge crush on each other. That was the best day of your life, sure it was different, but you loved it and wouldn't change a thing.

But Tate has been acting different lately. More distant and you couldn't quite figure out what was wrong. You asked him but he would always mumble back a 'I'm fine', once he even just got up and left your house. But apologized the next morning and said he didn't know what came over him. You were worried sick about him 24/7, you just tried to be with him as much as possible and make him happy, watching his favorite movies, listening to Nirvana, whatever you thought would make him happy... But nothing quite worked.

He told you this morning not to come to school today for some reason but decided to surprise him and show up anyway, you had the idea to ditch school and go to the beach with a special lunch you had in your car.

You snapped out of your thoughts when the bell rang. Shit I didn't get to find Tate... Oh well I'll find him after first period.

Like always, German class was boring as hell (If you like German you can switch it to another subject, its the first one that came to my mind lmao). Today you had a project to do so you and a few other classmates were in the library about to do some research but the teacher wouldn't stop talking. The gibberish and inaudible talking of Mr.Atkinson was about to make you fall asleep and/or shoot yourself. 

As if on cue, gun shots rang through your ears. At first you thought it was just your mind, but the screams, and widened eyes of your classmates made you think otherwise.

"Oh my god..." You whispered under your breath, shaking, not knowing what to do.

"Everyone hide!" Mr.Atkinson whisper yelled as he went over to lock the door. The sound of the door giggling made everyone's hearts and movements stop. Mr.Atkinson ran over to the door, slamming, and blocking it shut before the gunman could come in.

The next thing that happened would give you nightmares for days, the sight of Mr.Atkinson getting shot multiple times through the door. 

"Go!" You whispered panicking to everyone as you ran over to a table, crawling underneath.

The door creaked open, and echo of boots hit the ground. You covered your mouth, stopping your uncontrollable cries to be heard. You squeezed your eyes shut as 4 more gunshots were heard throughout the room, leaving you the last one left. 

Breath Y/N, breath... Everything is gonna be okay. Holy fuck what am I gonna do?! 

Opening your eyes slowly you saw boots standing right in front of the table, facing you. You could only see from the kneecaps down. You closed your eyes again as the table flipped over, making you visible to the murderer of god knows how many people in this school. 

You expected to hear another gunshot, possibly the voice of the murderer. But nothing, just silence. Your eyes knitted together in confusion as more tears ran down your face. Opening your eyes slowly you still could only see the knees, you looked up,,, The sight of the person before you made you just about pass out and be sick. There in front of you, stood Tate, wide eyes... Gun in hand.

"Y-Y/N?" 

"Tate, h-how- Why?" You stuttered not knowing what to say, tears running down your face.

"I thought you were staying home today." He replied taking a step back.

"Are you fucking serious? That's what you have to say? Tate... you killed people-"

"They deserved it- They had to pay for what they did to us Y/N-"

You stood up, keeping your distance. "I know how they treated you Tate, I know it was hard, and you thought it would never stop. But we had each other to help us both... Wasn't I enough?-"

"Of course!"

"Then why did you do it?!" You yelled back, crying harder now.

"I don't know... I-I don't... I don't know..." He mumbled as her stepped back a few more steps and sank to the ground, tears running down his face. Even after everything, you couldn't stand seeing him like this. Walking over, you sank down beside him, engulfing him in a hug as he sobbed in your shoulder. 

After a few minutes he calmed down and you both just sat there.

"The cops are gonna be here soon... We need to get out of here." You whispered softly.

"What are we gonna do?" He asked, wiping his face.

"We're gonna get in my car, drive as far away as we can, okay?" You questioned, holding his head in your hands. He nodded lightly, you stood up, helping Tate along with you. Both of you took the back entrance out of the school, where your car was, quickly getting in. You buckled your seat and turned towards Tate, taking his head in your hands once again.

"I'm gonna get you help... And I'm gonna make god damn sure no one takes you away." 

"I love you." Was all he answered back with, but it was all you needed.

"I love you too."   

God I love Tate... I know there is some people out there that hate him and are disgusted by him but seriously? It's not his fault, the murder house literally drove him crazy. It wasn't his fault... Plus, he's a bean. Anyway, thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed, leave comments/tips as you please!

-Kayla