"They call him Lobster Boy"

Character: Jimmy Darling

You watched the trees go by as you sat in the car, thoughts being interrupted every time your father hit a pot hole. 

"Are we there yet?" You heard your little brother whine for the 5th time. 

"Almost, honey." Your mother replied, you sighed to yourself as you kept your gaze out the window. Today, you and your family were going to witness 'The Freakshow'. Your brother has been pushing your parents to take him ever since he learned of the show at school. And like everything else he asks for, they said yes. 

It's not that you judged, or were disgusted by the freaks, in fact, it was the opposite, you loved their differences. You envied their talents or peculiar looks. You looked at yourself as 'ordinary', ugh 'ordinary' you cringed at the thought, but it was true. You had the same grades, same clothes, same looks as everyone else. Why couldn't you, for one day, be... a 'freak'.

"We're here! We're here!" Your brother screeched making you snap out of your deep thoughts. You looked back out the window, to see the banner of 'The Freakshow', smiling a bit to yourself.

Closing the door to the car, you flattened your dress before continuing behind your family towards the ticket booth.

"4 tickets please." Your mother asked in her graceful voice.

"Here you go ma'am." You heard a voice say, making you look up immediately. At the ticket booth, stood a handsome man, dirty blonde hair, brown iris eyes, and an adorable dimpled smile. Just the dimples made you weak in the knees. He must of realized you staring as he sent a wink your way with a smirk, right away bringing a warm and flush color to your cheeks as you walked by.

Walking in, their wasn't many people there other than a man and what looked to be his mother sitting on the opposite side of the chairs. Your younger brother jumped his way to his seat, still bouncing a bit sitting in his chair. 

"Settle down Justin, their about to start." Your mother whispered as the curtain opened, reviling a bearded lady who introduced an older woman singer. The whole show you stared in amazement at their peculiarities, they were absolutely astonishing. 

Right before the show was about to end, the bearded lady returned on stage, introducing someone she said was her son. That's when the same handsome boy from the ticket booth, walked on stage. You sat up in your chair straighter, giving your all attention to him. Your eyes widened, and lips formed a open mouthed smile as he showed off his fused fingers, you snapped out of your daze just in time to find out, they called him lobster boy.    

Just when you thought the night was over and you were about to leave, you felt a tap on your shoulder, halfway down the driveway. Turning around, you came face to face with none other than the handsome ticket booth, lobster boy. 

"Hi, I'm Jimmy. Jimmy Darling." He greeted with a dimpled smile. You noticed he kept his hands in his pants, not offering his hand to shake.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You replied, gesturing your hand out yourself. Looking in his eyes, you noticed a little flash of surprise as he slowly took his unique hands from his pocket and shook your's. "You seem surprised." You chuckled.

"Not too many beautiful ladies, like yourself are comfortable with touching my hands, let alone see them." He mumbled looking down a bit. You blushed at his remark of 'beautiful lady'.

"Well, personally, I envy them." You admitted playing your hands as you looked at them. His head snapped up, not even bothering to hide his surprise this time.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, I would give anything to be unique. I'm just an ordinary girl who-"

"You're not ordinary. The few minutes I have talked to you, I know you're not ordinary."

"I feel ordinary. Everyone here," You gestured towards the tent of the show. "They all have talent, uniqueness. I do the same thing everyday, and don't have any talents.-"

"That's not true..." He interrupted again. "What do you enjoy doing?"

"... Reading mostly."

"Then I'll help you."

"Help me find my talent?"

"How does 8 tomorrow night sound." He asked with a smirk, you being taken aback a bit.

"That... That sounds perfect." You replied smiling, trying to hide your blush.

That wasn't that good but I hope it was still decent. I'm beginning to have writers block, running out of ideas, so if any of you have an idea/request, please comment away! Hope you enjoyed!

-Kayla