"In time you will."

Character: James Patrick March  

"Come on, Y/N!" Your friend Taylor exclaimed as she jogged into the hotel cortez, the hotel you were staying at for the night. You and Taylor made a road trip to L.A, you both have been saving up for forever, and you were finally here.

"I'm coming!" You hollered as you dragged your bags behind you and attempted to not drop your duffel. When you walked into the cortez you stopped dead in your tracks. It looked awesome, you loved the decor and old style furniture, this trip kept getting better and better.

You quickly caught up with your friend who was standing at the desk.

"What are you waiting for?" You asked.

"Can you do it, I don't really want to..." You rolled your eyes playfully, she always did this. She made you order her food as well cause she was too nervous. Ringing a bell, not even 10 seconds after, a semi-grey haired, big glasses woman came out.

"Yes?" She questioned monotone, it looked like she did not like her job at all.

"Uh, hi! Could we get a room, please? Two beds, one night." You smiled setting your bags down to get your wallet. Turning around she picked up a key and handed it to you.

"I'll get someone to help you with your bags." She said as you set the deposit down. Just then a bald, well dressed woman came out of the same door.

"Let me take your bags, honey." She gestured sweetly, taking them out of your grasp. You thanked her gratefully, thinking your arms were about to fall off.

Once you got to your room and bags inside, Taylor plopped on the bed taking off her boots.

"Your having a nap, aren't you?" You sighed, already knowing the answer. She just smiled as she laid back, pulling the blankets over her. "Okay... Well I'm gonna go walk around." You wanted to go check out the hotel more, you loved everything about it and wanted to find more. Taylor hummed in response, walking out the door you made sure not to close it too loud, just in case someone was asleep or doing work in that hallway.

Deciding not to go on the elevator, you walked up a few stories of stairs. Even the inside of the staircase was decorated beautifully, you caught yourself just standing there, looking at the decor numerous times. When you finally got the a floor you felt like going on, you automatically felt a sense of someone watching you. Your walk slowed as you sauntered down the hallway. You walked around a corner and was met by an open door leading into another hotel room down the hall. From what you could see so far, it looked slightly different than the one you and Taylor had, maybe it's because we're on a different floor.

You stopped in your tracks just staring at the open door, the sense of being watched started to became even more aware and started feeling like a pull, a pull to go to that room. Someone probably just likes keeping the door open, I can't just walk in, that's just creepy. But you still just stood there.

You finally worked up the courage to walk up to the door and take a peak in.

"Hello?" You said softly. This is weird, what am I even doing? "Hello... Is someone in here? You left your door open."

After getting no response, you decided to just walk in. "Woah..." You mouthed as you looked around. This was definitely different than your room, the decor, the separate room, living space off to the side. You loved this room. "This hotel keeps getting better and better..."

"I would hope so, seeming I built the place." A sudden voice interrupted your thoughts, making you jump with a yelp.

"Who are you? Why are you here?!"

"I could ask you the same thing, darling." He replied, a well 1920s like dressed, pencil mustached, dark eyed man stood before you. You then realized that this room could belong to him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, the door was opened and I wanted to see if anyone was in here-"

"It is quite fine my dear." He assured with a smile. Something about his smile made you feel a bit uneasy but at the same time in awe.

"Wait... You said you built the place? How's that possible this was built in the 1920s..." 

"Ah so you did your research?"He questioned lifting a brow as he twirled around his crane a few times. You stood there not really knowing what to say or do for a moment.

"I should go..." You muttered before walking towards the door. You were cut off when the door slammed shut.

"Please... Take a seat." He gestured, not really knowing what was happening you obliged.

"Who are you?" You asked, if this guy was gonna be a creep then you have to know his name.

"James Patrick March!" He exclaimed proudly, you were taken aback for a second.

"He's dead... That's not possible." You sighed crossing your arms, this guy has lost his mind.

"I am well aware of that dear. You see, this hotel is special. When you die, your soul is stuck here... forever." He explained gesturing his arms around.

"Wow, it's like we're in a ghost busters movie!" You spat dramatically. This guy may be cute, but he sure as hell is crazy.

"You may not believe me now, but just you wait..."

"I'm only staying here for a night, what's the worst that could happen?" You sassed rolling your eyes.

"That's what they always say."

"And who's 'they'?"

"The residents that never checked out."

"Who's responsible for that?" You asked, you knew you were looking too much into this, of course it wasn't true, but wouldn't hurt to find out what exactly this guy thinks this place is.

"Some of the permanent residents... Me." He replied with a smirk. You stared at him for a second, was this guy actually serious? You stired  in your seat a beat, starting to get a bit nervous.

"What do you want with me?" You breathed, starting to freak out a bit.

"You're just like me... I can feel your darkness, you share the same love for my hotel as do I..." You didn't know what to say, this whole thing was messed up, of course you just had to go into the room... "Join me."

"Join what?! You think that I'm just gonna start parading around with you, some guy I just met?" You spat, you couldn't believe this was happening, you just wanted one normal vacation.

"I'm dead dear, not stupid... But in time, you will... Believe me, you will."

This was crappy and short, I'm sorry I haven't posted all week. I have been busy doing a project and having my dad back home! Hope you guys enjoyed even though it was lowkey cringey. Leave a comment/request as you please! Thank you for reading!

-Kayla