Chapter 4

Serayah

The people crowd the streets with huge smiles and some even have tears in their eyes.Their smiles so huge that it had replicated into my own one.Davi sat on my lap.Excitedly davi began waving and so do I.It was going to be a long journey towards the hotel.

"are you really going to stay at the hotel?,you know the doors are always open for you to come and stay with us"my mother asked as she kept her smile and wave towards the crowds."The hotel does seem the best option as I am here with the tour crew and its only right as I am part of this tour as well as its benefiting my charity"I  casually answered her that I didn't realize the frown evident in davi's face.

"Whats wrong baby?"I ask as I plan a small kiss on his forehead."I want you to stay with us mumma.With Aunty rafa,Uncle scott,Dadddy and I.I want you to stay in the castle with us mumma.please"It didn't help that he is such a hard person to say no to especially when he have those cute little features of his."I-uhm I"I find it hard to answer.I mean I'd love to but things are so complicated and I'm not sure if I am invited to stay.

"I'll think about it okay?"I answered davi.As he just wrapped his arms around me in a bone crushing hug.But I couldn't be happier with davi's head resting on my shoulder.I proceeded waved towards the crowd.Soon the hotel where I'm staying became clearer to view.

Outside the hotel,the streets are filled with reporters and crowd which are kept a distance away from the hotel."Davi we have to exit the car."I said as I realized davi is still on my arms and still embracing me in a hug."Davi baby"I called for him."It looks like the little prince have fallen asleep"My mother said sure enough davi have fallen asleep."Do you want me to hold him as you exit the car?"My mother offered but I shook my head."I'll manage"I answered and then the door is opened for us.

I held davi as I remained poised and climb the steps of the hotel.The crowd calls for me.As I turned I gave them a wave before being joined by rafa,scottand my mother as well as my sister and her husband.The manager then greeted us.

The ride up to the suite was silent a comfortable one."It seems like the prince have fallen asleep"The manager states the obvious and I nodded."He must be tired"He continues and I simply nodded.The elevator doors opened and straight away I was brought into a huge suite with a total of 3 bedrooms.There was a personal office space,a kitchen, atleast 4 bathrooms.A dressing room and a dining room.There is also a balcony which features a hot tub and grilling place.The living room is huge with fancy and expensive looking sofas sitting in the middle of the room facing a huge platform tv.A piano is placed in the corner of the room.And the bar is placed in the back of the room sitting just below a giant expensive painting.This room must have cost millions!.

"Fit for a queen"Rafa said and everone looks at her "What everyone was thinking it don't even bother denying it."She said and shrugged."Plus we all know who upgraded serayah into this luxury."She says so quietly but we all heard it.

Ignoring her I continued my way into the master bedroom where I placed davi.Having this luxurious room just doesn't feel right.I walked outside to find the manager having a conversation with my mother."Excuse me sir-"Not knowing his name "Patrick" He continues and I nod "Yes patrick I'd like my original room please,the original room that was assigned for me?"I request and he seems like he didn't know what to say or didn't know how to tell me he cant do that.

"Sorry duchess serayah but-" "He couldn't do that"Rafa says "I simply won't allow it"She says and I look at her.She does have the upper hand here she is the princess after all but I would expect her to understand where I'm coming from."This is way to expensive for my tour team to pay rafa"I tried reasoning."Stop acting so oblivious sera because we both know it wasn't your tour team who upgraded you to this room."She says frustrated."I just cant accept this rafa I hope you understand."Again I tried my luck which wasn't successful.

Everyone in the room was just watching over this small banter as the manager didn't know what to do but bow."Save this poor man his job as we both know what will happened if you do reject this."She says and with that I was forced to accept this.

The manager then excused himself and the lot of us then enjoyed the drinks that are prepared.My mother is chatting away with rafaella and serane and the two mens busied themselves by discussing about sports and cars.I however feels the need to sleep and so I excused myself to the master bedroom.With that I let the comfort of the bed put me to sleep.Exhausted from today's events.

The cover is pulled from me as I felt davi stirring in his sleep."Wake up sleeping beauty,you have things to do!"Rafaela wakes me up slowly I opened my eyes just to find it not that sunny."What time is it?"I ask as I sat up."Its time for you to address the press boo and its 5pm"She answers."Do I really have to?"I ask and she nodded I groaned "But my dress has creases on them"I tried reasoning with a weak ass point."who says you're going to wear that anyways,I have a dress for you!"She says and I groaned, exhaustedly I stood up from the bed.

"Now wake your son up,he have to join you"She says and I nodded.Waking davi up was easy with just a few tickles on his sides he is wide awake and laughing. But he then ran out of the room shouting and laughing but then I heard a small 'I'm hungry nana'.

Rafaela then came in the room with a few people.Who I then realized was my old styling team.We hugged and let out a few squeals."Now I'm jealous"I followed the voive to find zar standing at the doorway arms crossed on her chest.

I let out a happy squeal.Before giving her my tightest hug"I get that as you miss me more than we miss you"She says as I let her go then we all let out a laugh."Its hell without you duchess"They said and I nodded confused.

I sat at they started with my hair and make up.As they filled me in with their lives-one of them got married,one had another child,one welcomed her first child and zar got engaged.

I smiled as they all happily fixed me in a black floral dress.

"How was the country?"I asked interested in knowing what happened over the year I had missed

"How was the country?"I asked interested in knowing what happened over the year I had missed."Cold,lost,unhappy."They answered with a low voice."How so?"I ask and they looked at zar who then looks at me."When the leader is acting cold,when the heart of the country isn't here how are we suppose to find happiness when the country just feels like another lost island in the sea of a dangerous world."She says and I thought that was all that is until she continued.

"He became the man we feared him to be,He was played by politicians.People rose upon him,some threatened the life of our next king just to try to end the monarchy.People were angry because of his decisions that has caused to bled shed over hundreds of times within a year.But something mysterious happened it suddenly stopped maybe because he changed after learning your returned."

Confused by what she meant I stood upon her and look her in the eyes,"what do you mean please zar tell me what happened?"I beg her to continue but before she could answer me there was a knock and then rafa came in.

"Serayah your presence is required in the hardive castle right after you address the country and the press."She says and just like that I felt numb again.

Nissamail

Hmmm I'm ready for more story time zar!Did you know the name zar is from a contest winner from my journey series who got to have her name featured due to the contest?

Yeah maybe if I was to come up with an idea for a new book,I'll come up with another contest and maybe you'll get a featured character in the book!

Anyways serayah is invited to come to hardive castle!!This is A HUGE NEWS!Don't you just love rafaela's character here?✌🏽️✌🏽️

Please vote and comment.✨💖