Chapter 34: June 25, 2010

COPYRIGHT © SARAH MARTIN 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK OR ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK THEREOF MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Some of you may not like the way I decided to go with this, but I hope you'll support me anyway. Enjoy.

Chapter Thirty-Four

June 25, 2010

Katie looked at Jackson and smiled as he pulled onto her street. "Thanks for doing this," she said, "I had a nice time."

"The pleasure is all mine," he responded with a slight smirk, "You're good company."

Katie snorted at that, "Right." She looked up at her house came into view. She pointed to it, saying, "That's mine."

He pulled into the drive and put the car in park with the engine still running. She turned to him as she picked up her purse from the floor of the car, "Thanks again."

"No problem. Call me," he winked and she rolled her eyes.

"Bye," she said, climbing out of the vehicle. She bounced up the driveway, turning around to wave to Jackson when she reached the front porch.

Katelyn unlocked the front door, to find the house empty. Sighing, she slipped off her shoes and clomped up the stairs, suddenly having a flash of when Daniel pulled her up these very same stairs. She closed her eyes and stopped on the middle of the stairs, taking a deep breath to calm herself.

She headed back up with her purse, entering her bedroom. She went over to her bedside table where her phone charger was and plugged it into her phone, turning it back on. She sat down on the bed and waited a few moments for any possible missed alerts to load.

Katie gasped when four texts, 3 missed calls, and 1 voice mail loaded on her screen, all from Trace. She mumbled, "crap," then read the first text.

Jackson???

The second text read, Where r u?? The third, Katie, pls answer. And the final text, Fine, hope u have fun with ur new bf.

Katie sighed. Of course Trace would be jealous. Especially since she had her phone turned off and couldn't respond. But Trace didn't know that.

She listened to the voice mail which was basically just Trace telling her to call him back. He sounded more worried than jealous and Katie wondered why that might be.

She texted him, I'm coming over.

She left her room and marched down the stairs. She slipped her shoes back on and opened the door, only to find Trace standing on her porch, about to knock.

Katie gasped, startled. "Hey, I was just heading over to your house."

He ignored her and pushed into her house , shoving past her. She turned to face him while he stood in the foyer looking at her. "Where were you?" He demanded.

"I told you, I went out with Jackson. We went to Starbucks."

His brows furrowed, "Why didn't you answer any of my texts or calls?"

"Yeah... sorry about that. My phone was dying so I had it off."

"Oh," Trace sounded relieved, "Are you okay?"

An expression of confusion was etched onto Katie's face, "I'm fine... Trace, what's going on?"

He ran a hand through his silky blond hair, "You should have checked with me before going out with him."