Chapter 8: Katie

COPYRIGHT © SARAH MARTIN 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK OR ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK THEREOF MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Part Eight
Friday, February 12, 2010

My first instinct was to run, but as soon as I stood up, so much as flicked a finger or wiggled a toe, he barked, "DON'T MOVE!" rendering me stark still. "DON'T MOVE AN INCH OR I WILL SLIT HER THROAT."

I gaped at Sam, scared for her life. I almost burst into tears just watching her cry. I couldn't imagine what Samantha was feeling at that moment. He dropped the pizza boxes, and one of them flew open, and it definitely did not contain pizza, that's for sure. Abruptly, he moved closer into the room, making me jump, while he continued to hold the knife to Sam's throat. Mary and Sabrina were still behind me, but they were still sitting on the bed, while I was standing. Mary was farther to my left, and from my peripheral vision, I could see her move a little bit.

The man saw, and he dropped Sam with a thud.

He rushed over towards us, and got directly in Mary's face. I flinched, terrified by the fact that he stood a mere foot away from me. "What do you got there, bitch?!" He demanded, staring into Mary's eyes.

She gulped, stuttering, "I-I-I.."

He held his hand out. "Hand it over."

She pulled her cell phone out from behind her back, and cautiously placed it onto the palm of his hand.

My eyes widened when I saw that while this was happening, Sam was slowly crawling towards the open door. And then he turned around and saw her.

"Oh no you don't," he said, closing in on her with large strides.

Instead of just closing the door so she couldn't get out, he brought his food down hard on her foot, making her cry out and stop in her tracks completely. I bit my lip, drawing blood. I could almost feel a sympathetic tingle of pain in my own hand.

Before he could close the door, he whipped around when he heard a whisper coming from Sabrina. I hadn't known she was that courageous.

"Did I just hear someone fucking TALKING?!" He shouted, glaring at the three of us as we shook our heads.

Sam lay on the floor clutching her hand while she whims

As I gasped, my breath got in my throat when I saw someone standing in the doorway.

"What the hell is going on in here?" I heard.

Julia.

I had completely forgotten that she was just down the hall. What kind of sister am I?

What if something had happened to her? I asked myself, envisioning the worst.

"JULIA RUN!" I screamed.

But then, she saw the man standing there, and of course, she froze like a human sized block of ice.

"Oh, come on!" I shouted.

The man grinned, saying, "Oh, look what we have here." He looked at me, and I thought my legs would crumble. He was the scariest, most intimidating man I'd ever seen. His eyes were too different colours: grey and a pale blue. His hair was short and brown, and he was extremely tall. I estimated around 6'5. He looked like he was maybe in his late 20's, with a giant scar running down his right cheek. "Katie, you didn't tell me your sister, Julia was joining you for you birthday party."