Chapter 9: Katie

COPYRIGHT © SARAH MARTIN 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK OR ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK THEREOF MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Part Nine

Friday, February 12, 2010

I ran into the bathroom, which was right beside the basement. I closed the bathroom door part way, and peered through a crack to see Scarface turning the corner and heading up the staircase.

Only then did I realize that I had left the girls upstairs alone. I hoped they were getting themselves out of this hell.

Once I could no longer hear Scarface on the stairs, I came out of the bathroom and reached for the doorknob to the basement. Surprised by the man's idiocy, I marveled at the fact that he had left the basement door unlocked.

Fearful of what I might see, I tiptoed down the basement stairs, with a few creaks here and there.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, and flicked the light switch on, examining the room, trying not to pass out from fear.

I gasped when I saw Trace bound to a chair with his mouth taped.

When he saw me he wiggled in his chair, making muffled, desperate sounds. All I could make out was, "Mferfhiufgrrr!"

"Trace!" I exclaimed, happy that he was okay. I was afraid that Scarface would kill him without remorse. I had no idea what he was capable of.

I ran over to him, and he cried out when I frantically ripped the tape off his mouth, "Sorry!" I exclaimed.

In that moment, I was so overwhelmed with relief that I leaned forward and gave him a tight hug.

"Hi," he said, his mouth curving into a small, simple smile. Even in a situation like this one.

I stopped hugging him, putting my hand on his cheek, and stared into his eyes. "Hello." I was unable to contain my giant grin.

I then kissed him, stunning both of us. It was sweet, but brief, and probably the most memorable first kiss ever.

Even if the guy was constrained to a chair.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

My ironic laugh was slightly maniacal. "You're asking me if I'm okay?" I said, looking down at him, trying to emphasize on the fact that he was tied to a chair and I was in fact, not.

"Yup," he grinned stupidly.

I took a deep breath, trying to relax. But I had a feeling that I wouldn't be calm for a long time. "I'm fine Trace. Are you okay?"

He smiled. "I am now."

I smiled back, then said, "Alright, lets get you out of here." I then began to unbind him. As I worked, I asked, "Where's Lilah? We have to get over to your house."

"She's not there," he said. "Just before I came over here she left for that party."

"Well, where are your parents then?"

"They're in Hawaii, remember?" He informed me.

My stomach fell. "Crap," I said. "I don't know how we're supposed to get out of here."

"Where's your cell?" He asked.

"It's broken...?" I guess he'd forgotten.

That's when I heard Scar face. "KATELYN, WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO?! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! YOU BETTER NOT BE WITH THAT LITTLE SHIT!"