Chapter 16: Sabrina

COPYRIGHT © SARAH MARTIN 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK OR ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK THEREOF MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Part Sixteen
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Sabrina

Sabrina stared hard at Steve as he surveyed the scene before him, standing in the center of the room. His attention left Julia and he glared at Katelyn. He then looked at Mary, who was directly across from him, sitting in front of the window. She looked absolutely terrified. Sabrina wondered if Mary would be next like she has predicted.

He smirked at Mary then looked at Sam, who was on Mary's left, sitting on the desk chair. Her hand was swollen and bruised. It looked painful.

Sabrina rolled her eyes and challenged, "Get on with it then." He looked at her, and he didn't respond like he wasn't paying attention to what she said. He simply glanced at her, then looked away. He stared at the door, and a look crossed his expression that made it appear that he had remembered something. His brows raised and his lips puckered. He then made his way towards the door. He reached it, then turned to the girls, and simply said, "I'll be back."

Arnold Schwarzenegger flashed in Sabrina's mind and she giggled. Where was Steve going? Sabrina didn't think it was very fair for him to leave them scared and clueless. "Don't be a pussy, Steve." She probably should have thought before she spoke. But she was so used to saying what came to mind. She would have thought twice, had she known what fate her words would bring to her.

The kidnapper stopped cold in his tracks and turned to Sabrina. "Pardon me?" He inquired.

The look on his face made Sabrina shudder. "Y-y-you heard me."

He grinned, "You know what?"

Steve did not continue, but waited in silence for Sabrina to respond. "W-w-hat?"

"I was going to leave for a while. I have some stuff to do, you know," he paused. "but I think I'm in the mood for some more fun. And it's all because of you, Sabrina. What do you think?" Steve had never looked more evil to her than he did right then.

She was speechless. What could she say to that? She gulped. It kinda seemed like a trick question.

Abruptly and without warning, he grabbed onto her arm, pinching her skin. He somehow lifted her partially off the ground with only one arm. She squealed quietly at the pain. She couldn't show weakness. She knew Steve would laugh if she did and hold onto her tighter.

Suddenly he was dragging her across the floor and Sabrina was biting her lip, fighting hard not to cry out. The sound of her skin sliding across the hardwood made squeaking noises and Sabrina could see the girls in the room flinching.

"Let go!" Sabrina wailed. Like she foresaw, Steve's grip didn't loosen and he squeezed her arm with all his might.

Steve reached the door and wrenched it open. The cold hallway air pounded Sabrina's skin. Before she was taken against her will to the bedroom across the hall, she glanced at her friends one last time – A time that she wasn't aware may be her last.

--

Steve

I could smell her fear. It poured off her like molten lava. She tried to act brave, but I could tell from the way she looked at me that she was terrified of what I was going to do to her. At the same time, what I saw in her eyes was a peace. She didn't know if she was going to live or die, but whatever happened, she had accepted it.