Chapter 66

***IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT BOTTOM OF THIS CHAPTER SO PLEASE READ THE A/N***

*Louis' PoV*

"So, what do we do now?" she wondered aloud.

I looked at her. What were we supposed to do? I mean, we'd agreed to the whole 'moving' thing, but where did we go from there? Did we immediately ring up the real estate company and get them to find us an apartment? Did we leave it for a while? Did we talk about it more?

Then it hit me.

There was no point in moving unless Trinity actually had a university place in Oxford. I really should have sorted that out before I decided to drop the bombshell on her. Fuck.

"I don't know," I answered honestly, looking at the ground. I really didn't know. I'd never been in this sort of situation before, so I had no idea how to go about it.

Trinity fell silent and the pleasant atmosphere that had between us only moments ago vanished.

"Do you have work today?" I asked her. Maybe if she was out of the house for a while I could sort everything out before she came back.

"Nope," she replied, picking at her nails.

Damn.

"Maybe you should visit Chloe?"

"I lived with her for the last while, I don't think I need to see her again for a few days," Trinity chuckled.

"Well, maybe you should go see her, you know, before we move," I pushed.

She looked at me skeptically.

"Louis, it's not like we're moving tomorrow. I'll get another chance to see her before we leave."

"Just to be safe, I think you should see her," I pressed, my words beginning to rush. Shit, I was terrible at this.

She dropped her hands to her sides and looked up at me.

"Louis, are you trying to get rid of me?"

Yes.

"No."

Trinity sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and turning away from me. I ran my hand through my hair and walked after her, hooking my hand around her elbow.

"Hey," I soothed, "I just need to get some stuff done."

She narrowed her eyes and scoffed, taking her arm out of my grasp.

"No," I tried again, "Not that sort of stuff, not this time. Good stuff, I promise."

She kept her eyes on me, clearly unimpressed, but her gaze softened when I ran my thumb over her cheek.

"Trust, remember?" I reminded her. 

She nodded and sighed.

"Well, I guess I should tell my mother I'm leaving, even if we're not on speaking terms."

I pulled her into my chest, running my fingers through the ends of her hair.

"Thank you," I murmured, "And you have my number in case anything goes wrong, yeah?"

She pulled away and nodded. I watched her as she took my car keys from the hall table on her way out, then the front door closed behind her.

**

*Trinity's PoV*

I pulled on my coat as I made my way to Louis' car, hopping in and pressing the key fob so the gates would be open by the time I reached them. If I was honest, I didn't want to leave the house. What he had said was true; we did need trust, but I could never be able to shake that niggling tinge of fear that clung to me. But he did say it wasn't anything to be uspet about, so I figured I could leave him be for a while and see how it all panned out.