Chapter 23

A/N: Hey guys, here's another chapter! 50 votes and 15 comments?:)

*DEDICATION TO A COMMENTER*

_______________

*Louis' PoV*

"I'll talk," I breathed, once she creaked open the door. 

Her face was a mixture of shock and something else that I couldn't place, but she pulled the door open all the same, looking down at the wooden floor and signalling that I should enter.

I walked in awkwardly, shrugging off my black jacket and slinging it over the banisters loosely. She walked ahead of me into the kitchen, settling herself into one of the chairs, pointing to the one opposite her. I took the hint and sat opposite her, drumming my fingers against the wooden surface apprehensively.

"Okay," she mumbled, in a monotone, "Talk."

"First of all," I began, attempting to keep my hands still, "I just wanna say that I know I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. You have to understand that this isn't something I'm comfortable talking about. Only a handful of people know about it, and you'll be able to understand why, once I tell you. 

"I know I should have told you before bringing it into a situation, but not only did I not feel comfortable telling you, but I'm not exactly supposed to. The only reason James, A.K.A. Mr.Murray, knew about it is because he used to be a part of it himself."

Trinity's eyebrows furrowed in utter confusion, and I couldn't blame her. It didn't make a lot of sense until you heard the whole story. However, she didn't try to interrupt me, so I took that as a signal that I should carry on. Taking a steady breath, I prepared myself for the secrets I was about to reveal to a girl I had only known for a few weeks.

"Don't freak out," I begged, "But my parents are part of the Secret Intelligence Services. Basically, they report to the government with foreign intelligence. They were part of a very dangerous case a while ago, a lot of people want them dead, So they're under huge threat until all offenders of that case are caught. Hence, they can;t stay in a set location. They move around a lot. That's why they're never home, they're not in a villa in Spain like I told you. Hell, I don't even know where they are, they won't tell me in case they 'compromise their security'.

"Mr.Murray used to be part of it too, but he was corrupt. My parents helped him to sneak out of the situation without going to jail, so I basically told him that if he let you out of school, I wouldn't tell my parents to hand him over, but if he didn't, I'd be forced to."

I finished my rant, sitting back and trying to gauge Trinity's reaction. It was a lot to handle being told, there was no doubt about it. She leaned back, one hand pushing her hair back from her face, the other cupping her mouth, which had formed a large 'o' shape. She placed both hands down on the tables again and her lips moved, but no words came out. 

"A-are you being serious or taking the piss?" she whispered, staring straight at me with wide eyes. I scrunched up my nose and shook my head.

"Nope," I replied sadly, "Unfortunately that is one-hundred percent the truth. That's why I told you that you didn't want to get involved with someone like me. At any time things could go wrong and the wrong kind of people could show up, looking for my parents. And when they don't get my parents, they quite possibly might just settle for me."

She batted her eyelashes slowly, clearly still processing what I had said. She sighed heavily and I began to worry. Maybe this was all too much for her. She had only just turned eighteen and had finished school barely two weeks ago. This wasn't what a teenage girl would want. If you normally call stuff like this in a relationship 'baggage', well Trinity had better call a moving truck because there was no other way to transport this amount of it.

"If you want to leave, I understand," I mumbled, picking at my nails.

And that's when she stood up from the table.

_____________________________

A/N: Bet you weren't expecting anything like that... Wanted to make it original, seeing as all the other stories are about drug dealing and stuff like that. 

50 votes and 15 comments please!

*DEDICATION TO A COMMENTER*

~L.