Chapter 20

A/N: 35+ VOTES AND 10+ COMMENTS PLEASE?:)

_____________________________

*Trinity's PoV*

"What are you talking about?" I asked, eyes narrow and hands gripping the arm-rests of the chair tightly.

Mr.Murray raised his eyebrows, as if surprised at my evident lack of knowledge of the situation.

"Oh, this gets better and better," he laughed, "You mean to tell me that you have no idea what sort of family you're involved with."

I shook my head and Mr.Murray's eyes widened considerably.

"Well," he sighed, "That's for Louis to tell you, not me. I'm sure he'd be only delighted to inform you about what you've gotten yourself into."

He smirked as he led me out of his office.

"Oh, and well done on your results. Don't celebrate too much," he winked, before leaving me standing in the deserted corridor, numb from shock.

I robotically walked out of the school, disoriented and confused. I knew Louis hated when I asked about what was going on, but this time I think I had a damn right to, considering he had used it to get me out of school.

*****

The walk back to Louis' house was supposed to calm me down, yet it did exactly the opposite. It gave the storm in my head time to brew and develop into a hurricane, and the hurricane was headed straight for Louis.

I slammed the door open and barged into the kitchen, where I knew Louis was cooking lunch. He turned around when I entered, a warm smile gracing his face. Normally, that smile would have made me melt, but this time it just sickened me. He was smiling at me, pretending nothing was wrong, while knowing fully that he was keeping a huge secret from me.

His smile disappeared as he saw the expression I wore. I balled my fists and tried to fight the urge to slap him right then and there.

"What's wrong, T?" he asked, his use of the nickname angering me further.

"What do your parents do?" I asked through gritted teeth as I edged ever closer to him.

I could see him physically tense up with the mention of his parents, but I'd be damned if I would let him yell at me for bringing it up.

"Trinity, we are not talking about this," he muttered, glaring at me.

I chuckled dryly.

"Oh yes, we are," I replied, "Seeing as you used this vital piece of information to get me out of school."

He sucked in a harsh breath.

"Son of a bitch, can't keep his mouth shut," he hissed, obviously referring to Mr.Murray, angry that he had told me.

"Tell me," I demanded, not giving in.

Louis shook his head. "We are not talking about this, no way," he replied, running his hands through his tousled hair.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, dialing the number as quick as I could. As much as it hurt me to admit it, I knew what I had to do. The phone rang three times before I heard the familiar voice at the end of the line.

"Hi mum," I said hurriedly, "I need you to come with the car and pick me up. I'm moving back in. You were right about him, after all."

I saw hurt flash across Louis' features as the last sentence fell from my mouth, and I knew it had hurt him just as much hearing it as it had hurt me having to say it.

With that over and done with, I ran upstairs, desperately shoving all of my things back into my bag. I ignored Louis' pleas from the door of the room. I shoved past him in a rush, jogging down the stairs and to the front door. Before I could open it, a hand pushed against the door, keeping it closed and impeding my exit.

"Trinity, please," Louis begged, tears threatening to fall, "We can talk about it, just not right now. Please, just wait."

I gave him a look of disgust.

"Yeah, well come find me when you're done 'waiting', because I'm sure as hell not gonna hang around and let you play me like a fool."

With that, I pulled his hand from the door and scurried out to my mum, who was was waiting for me with a look of concern etched on her face.

_________________

A/N:

Please take 2 seconds to vote and comment!:)

~L.