Chapter 63

[ I'm not getting enough comments... Please just comment something tiny, at least, I'm losing my motivation to update because nobody seems to care... :( ]

*Trinity's PoV*

 "Louis?" I called as I closed the front door behind me, throwing the keys to his car on the hall table.

It was unusual for him not to greet me when I came in, unless he was in the kitchen, normally watching T.V. or cooking, but I could see that the kitchen was empty, leaving me more confused. 

"Is anyone home, or am I talking to myself?" I called out once again, cocking my head to the side as I waited for an answer. Perhaps he had gone for a walk or something, although I knew that was unlikely. For the half year I had known him, I had never seen him go for a walk. 

I was just about to give up and accept the fact that he wasn't home, when I heard a small 'I'm in here' coming from the sitting room. My face contorted into an expression of worry as I made my way slowly towards the room, my hand trailing along the wall delicately as I walked. 

As I entered the room, I saw Louis sitting on the couch, ankles crossed and hands interlaced on his lap. He was staring into space, twiddling his thumbs idly.

"Are you okay?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to intrude, if he was having some 'quiet time', or the likes of it.

I was answered with a simple nod and sighed, sitting next to him on the couch, slotting my legs up to the side as I waited for him to say something. I wasn't sure what was up with him, so I had no clue what to say.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad," Louis stated, but his gaze never tore away from the spot he had ben staring at since I entered the room, occasionally blinking.

"Okay, well if it's nothing bad, do you want to explain what it is, so I can stop being confused?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. 

Finally, the icy blue eyes I had grown to love met mine, and he reached over, taking one of my hands in his.

"I was just thinking about stuff," he murmured, looking at our connected hands as he lay them in his lap.

I looked at him, encouraging him to continue on. 

"Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for you to go to university," he said steadily, and I struggled to hide my shock. Mere hours ago, he had said he was totally against the idea and had been prepared to create an argument over it, and now he was showing support for it.

I narrowed my eyes, skeptical about his sudden change of heart, but decided not to question it. I had learned by then that this was a learning curve for him. Perhaps he was just figuring things out for himself and trying to do things in the right way, and that wasn't such a bad thing.

"I mean, that phrase, 'find what makes you happy, and hold on to it', doesn't seem so far off, so I suppose it's a good motto to live by. And I don't mean to go all soppy and shit, but you make me happy so I guess I should keep you around. And to do that, I need to let you do whatever you need to do."

I nodded, a small smile coming over my face.

"This conversation wouldn't have gone the same way if we'd had it four months ago," I laughed, praising his progress. I know for a fact that not only would his attitude be different, but mine would too. I would have been immediately submissive and just accepted Louis' decision, rather than arguing back.

Louis nodded, smiling and stood up, ambling into the kitchen. I followed him and leaned against the counter as I watched him take a bottle of water out from the fridge and drink some of it, his Adam's Apple bobbing up and down every time he swallowed, a hypnotic movement that distracted me for a split second.