Molly...forty two

Molly... forty two 

by sloanranger

Tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day and Tommy says he wants to stop by after work and ask me something. Gosh, I hope it's not what I think it is, but whatever it is, it's not gonna be good.

So I putter around in the house all afternoon and sure enough, he comes by around 6:30. I can tell he's been home first and showered and shaved. He sits on the sofa just like Freddy did that time and says, "Moll, I gotta talk to you."

I'm beginning to think I got some kind of romantic disorder or something.

"Look, Molly, it's no secret how I feel about you but I know you don't feel the same way about me."

"Tommy," I begin... "No, don't say nothin'," he interrupts. "Not now. Things change, Molly, maybe later you'll feel differently."

"Tommy..." I start again. "No, listen to me Molly, I know you still got that other guy on your mind. I'm not happy about it but I get it Moll, I really do. And it's all right, it's not your fault."

He kisses me on the cheek and gets to the door, "I hadda tell you now, I didn't want to make it tomorrow."

"Tommy...."

"Call me when you need a ride, hear?" He smiled and he was gone.

My feelings were so mixed up when I went to bed, for the first time in months I started crying. And I didn't know if I was crying over Tommy leaving or that rat, Freddy that I still care about.

(To be continued).