Molly...thirty three

by sloanranger

So I get a few things.

Well, more than a few things, Frank's so worried about how I look tired, he sells me three bags full of fruit and veggies and tells me to go home and make a 'big' soup.

I struggle out of the front door and realize I'm not going to make it home today if I walk, without risking a spill with all these full bags.

So I go back into Frank's again and he takes two of the bags and sets them on the counter.

"You gonna need a cab," he says. "I shoulda thought of that."

He pulls the black phone from the shelf beneath the counter and I hear him give the operator the request. A minute later he's telling dispatcher the address, here. All the time I'm thinking about Tommy coming, that fresh cabbie that helped Freddy and me out that time and I'm getting nervous.

But it's not Tommy that shows up a few minutes later. The guy that comes into the store and takes my bags is someone else. "Anything, else, Lady?" He says.

"No, that's all," I say and I follow him to the cab. He opens the door and I climb in the back seat. Soon as I give him my address he guns the motor but turns his head before he pulls away from the curb.

(To be continued).