Molly...four

Molly...four                                                   

by sloanranger

So I go heat up a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup and a half grilled cheese sandwich left over from last night.

Freddy'll eat supper with his Mom and sister. He moved back in with them after his Pop died. I don't mind, him and me can grab something after the movies.

I like that he helps his Mom out, even his sister Henrietta. But Henrietta can be very annoying. She should get a boyfriend and go out once in a while.

I come out of the shower and I smell like a million dollars. I bring my cosmetic bag and my mirror and set up everything on the coffee table.

Usually, I only use three things: eyebrow pencil, cover stick and lip color — but Freddy's getting the full treatment tonight. The Mask.

So I eat my soup and sandwich and brush my teeth so's there no messing up my war paint.

I prop the mirror up against a Kleenex box, then line up all my make-up: foundation, eyebrow pencil, two shades of eye shadow, eyeliner brush, eyeliner, mascara, eyelash curler, rouge, lipstick brush, two shades of lipstick, face powder, and Vaseline - in case I make a mistake.

Twenty minutes later, remembering what the cabbie said, I'm grinning at myself in the mirror.

I look even better than I smell.

(To be continued).