Decision Making Time

-Khayla POV-

*Two Months Later*

It’s finally that time - time to make a decision on where I'm going to complete my education. It’s finally May which leaves one month for school. One month left for prom, one month left for graduation and one step closer to becoming an adult. I lied across my bed waiting for the boys and Elisha to come over. Then, my phone vibrates and lights up signaling that I have a text. It reads: Elisha: Don't you hear the damn doorbell? Open the got damn door before I knock it the fuck down! I laughed and texted her back to let her know I was coming.

I exited my bedroom and made my way downstairs. I opened the door and there everybody was "Hey y'all" I said letting everyone in. I closed my door and made my way to the kitchen where everyone else was. “Where Ericka at” Rayan asked. Everyone looked at each other and we all started laughing but Rayan was so confused. “Why y’all started laughing? I’m confused” he said biting into his cookie. “Why are you asking about Ericka all of a sudden” Chresanto asked. “Because she’s not down here” Rayan said. “Yeah because that’s the reason why you asked” Craig said. “Wait y’all think I like Ericka or something” Rayan asked playing dumb. “No needs to play dumb boo, I know you want me” Ericka said walking into the kitchen. We all started dying at Rayan’s expression when Ericka entered the kitchen.

“So um you two gonna go talk about this somewhere else” Jacob P asked. Ericka and Rayan left the kitchen when the doorbell rang. “I GOT IT” Ericka screamed and I shrugged. “So did you decide where your gonna go yet” Elisha asked. “I’m stuck on GSU and TSU” I admitted. “I mean it’s not a hard decision to make” Jay said walking into the kitchen. “Wassup” Everyone said as Jacob went giving the boys dap and the girls a hug. “I mean it actually is” I said walking over to the island. “I do want to stay here with my friends but I want to try new things” I told them. I hopped up on the island sitting next to Elisha. “Yeah I feel you but I don’t want you to go” Elisha said leaning onto me. I smiled softly at her. “I can always come see y’all” I offered.

“Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind” Jacob P said. I shrugged and looked up at him “No not yet” I said. “It does sound like you have your heart set on TSU” Craig said. “If that’s what you want then I’ll support you” Chresanto said. “Thanks” I said smiling at him. “But do you really wanna go all the way to Texas, Khayla? I mean yeah either way I’ll support you, but I wouldn’t be able to see my girlfriend everyday” Jacob said. “Girlfriend” we all said not shocked but confused. “Yeah I said it ‘girlfriend’ I don’t know why y’all seem confused” Jacob said. He walked over to me and held both of my hands.

“Jay I don’t think that w-“he cut me off. “Listen Khayla, I know that you might not want to be in a relationship with me. I understand and that’s cool or whatever. But you can’t tell me that you don’t feel what I’m feeling. Yeah I know fucking with Jasmine wasn’t the best idea and I agree” he said. Everyone all mumbled on agreement with that including me. “If you wanna be with Omari then I won’t stop you” he continued. “If you wanna go to TSU then I’ll support you. But there is one thing I need to ask you” he said. As he’s pulling out a box everyone crowded around us. Rayan and Ericka finally came back in the kitchen and joined the crowd.

“Nigga I know your not proposing” Chresanto said. “SHUT UP” everyone yelled at him. I’m sitting here laughing and crying because I’m so shocked. “Khayla Marie Thomas I love you. No matter of fact I’m in love with you” he said opening the box. “We don’t have to get married now but hopefully some day we can. Khayla will you marry me” Jacob asked. What the fuck do I say I thought to myself. “Don’t you think were too young Jacob” I asked him. “We won’t be forever” he responded looking at me with hopeful eyes. “Girl if you don’t, I will” Elisha said. I looked around at everyone and they’re all telling me I should. “You promise to never give up on us? Do you promise not to pull any bullshit? Do you promise to love me forever Jacob O’Neal Latimore, Jr.” I asked. He laughed and nodded “Yes Khayla Marie Thomas, I promise” he said. “Then, yes, I will marry you” I told him hopping off of the island. He slid the ring on my finger and I gave him a sweet passionate kiss. Everyone cheered around us and I finally made my decision.

“GSU here I come” I announced and there was more cheering. Everyone enveloped into one massive hug and now I’m crying tears of joy. “Time to plan a wedding” Ericka and Elisha said simultaneously. I laughed and wiped my tears as everyone started congratulating us. “I’m glad you’ve decided to stay” Craig said. “Me too or I was gonna fly to Texas and beat your ass” Rayan said. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him. “Congrats baby girl” Jacob P said to me. “I always knew you were the right girl for Jay” he said hugging me. “Thank you afro puff” I said hugging him back.

Now how do I break the news to my parents? I thought.