New Boy

-Khayla POV-

*The Next Day*

I made my way into the school building with Ericka to the right of me. "See you later" I told her going down the hall. "Later Khayla" she said walking over to her friends. I walked over to my locker and put the code in for my lock. I swaped my books and grabbed my Biology text book. As I was closing my locker I heard someone calling my name. I slammed it shut and saw our Principal Mr.Rodriguez coming my way. He was coming my way with a boy and he looks cute from a distance. "Ms.Thomas I would like you to meet Omari Dixon" he said and I shook Omari hand. I was right he is cute: Green eyes, 6'2, light skin and nice built body. "Omari this is Khayla Thomas and she'll show you around" Mr.Rodriguez said. "Wait what? Why am I showing him around" I asked confused. "He's new here and you're a great student. I know he won't get into any trouble with you" he said patting my shoulder before walking away.

"Omari is it" I asked pretending not to remember his name. "Yeah and your name is Khayla right" he asked with a British accent. "Are you from London" I asked actually interested now. "Yup born and raised" he said smiling. Nice smile and an accent! I'm gonna like him I thought. "Can I see your schedule" I asked and he handed it to me. I looked over it "Seems like we have first to fifth together" I told him smiling. I handed his schedule back to him and we just stood there. "So who is this" Jasmine asked popping up behind me. I screamed a little causing Omari to laugh a little. I turned around placing my hand on my heart. "Jasmine meet Omari, Omari meet Jasmine" I said and they shook hands. "He is cute! I want a piece of that" she whispered in my ear excitedly. I think Omari heard her because he had a little smirk on his face.

"Hi Jasmine, hi Khayla" Jacob said giving each of us a hug. "Hi" we both said and I was about to walk away with Omari still sort of upset with Jacob. "Who's your friend over there" Jacob asked. "Oh you mean Omari" I asked and he nodded. "Omari this is my friend Jacob" I said. "What's good" Omari said. "What's good with you? And I'm her best friend" Jacob corrected giving Omari dap. "Well I have to show Omari around so excuse me" I told them. "Why do you have to do it" Jasmine asked. "The principal told her to" Omari said. "O-M-G are you from England" Jasmine asked pushing me out of the way. Omari caught me and gave Jasmine a weird look "Yeah I am" he said. "Thanks" I said fixing myself and he nodded. I looked at Jacob who was watching Omari with a look but I couldn't tell.

"I think I'll join you two" Jasmine said eyeing Omari like a piece of candy. He looked uncomfortable so I grabbed Jasmine by her hand, tugging her over to me. "Do you need some water? Perhaps Niagara falls because you look real thirsty" I wisphered to her. She scratched the back of her neck while Jacob laughed. "I'll tone it down a bit" she said trying to kick Jacob. "That's all I ask for" I said. "Are you ready" I asked Omari. "Been ready" he said opening his arm for me. I linked my arm with his walking away. "I think I'll tag along" Jasmine said jogging up to us. "Me too" Jacob said doing the same thing. Now who seems jealous I thought with a little smirk on my face.