Congrats or Deny?

-Khayla POV-

*Six Months Later*

It's finally March and I've got three college letters back so far! I'm currently sitting around the table with Ericka, my mom and pops. "So are you going to open the letters" Ericka asked. "I'm nervous like what if they deny me or something" I asked. "Why would they do that" my Mom asked. "I mean you're very intelligent" my pops said. "Thanks" I said smiling a little.

I grabbed the first letter from College of Education: Texas State University. I ripped it opened and took the letter out and prayed real quick. I opened the letter and read it out loud: Dear Khayla Thomas, congratulations! "OMG guys I got accepted" I said jumping out of my seat. "Congrats sweetie" my mom said kissing my cheek. "Good job" my dad said hugging me. "So I see your not as stupid as you look" Ericka said. "Ha ha you so funny" I said rolling my eyes at her.

I sat back down and grabbed the second letter. Columbia University: Graduate School of Education. "This school is in New York" I said ripping the letter out. "New York is a bit far don't you think" my pops asked. "No" I said giving him a look like he asked a stupid question. "So what does this letter say" Ericka asked. I read the letter and a big kool-aid smile appeared on my face. "I GOT ACCEPTED" I screamed. Everyone cheered and hugged me "I know your hype" Ericka said.

I didn't bother to sit back down when I grabbed the third letter. College of Education: Georgia State University. I opened it and read the letter out loud again. "Dear Khayla Thomas you've been accepted to GSU" I said jumping up and down. "Well looks like you've got a big decision to make" my pops said getting up and kissing my forehead. "Yeah but make the decision you'll be happy with" my mom said hugging me and following behind my pops. "But don't go too far because I'll miss you" Ericka said hugging me.

"Well I have two months to decide where I wanna go" I told her before sitting back down. "Good luck with that" she said before leaving the kitchen. I placed the three letters in front of me on the table and looked over them. I picked up my phone to call my cousin Elisha, but the door bell rang. I got up and left the kitchen to answer the door. I opened the door and there she is leaning against the wall. "I was just about to call you" I told her. "Yeah I know" she said hugging me. She walked in the kitchen and I followed behind her. She sat on top of the island and I sat back in my seat.

"So what's that on the table" she asked. "My acceptance letters" I told her. "Oh, you finally about to make it to college" she said. "Yeah" I said handing her the papers. "TSU, GSU and Columbia! All good schools but you should stay here with your big cuz" she said. "I don't know I already had my mind set on TSU" I told her. "TSU is a good school but GSU is better" she said getting comfortable on the island. "So what have you been up to" I asked. "School, my boyfriend and work. How about you" she asked. "School, drama and more drama" I told her and we both laughed.

Ericka walked into the kitchen and ran to hug Elisha. "HI ELISHA" she screamed and they rocked back and forth. "Hi Ericka, wassup" she asked when they pulled apart. "Nothing much school and the rest" she said shrugging. "Oh so you be busy" Elisha asked. "Sometimes but what brought you over here" she asked. "Came to see y'all because its been a minute" she said. Me and Ericka both nodded in agreement. "When are y'all coming to see me though" she asked sitting at the table.

"I'll come see you before I make my final decision" I told her. "I'll come with her too" Ericka said before leaving the kitchen. "I'm bored so let's go do something" I told Elisha. "What you wanna do" she asked. "Wanna go see Jacob and Jasmine who are dating" I told her. "They what?! I always thought y'all two were gonna date" she said with a look I couldn't describe. I laughed a little as we made our way out of the kitchen.

"You wanna say hi to your aunt and uncle" I asked her. "I'll have enough to later" she said. "You staying over" I asked grabbing my car keys. "Yeah but only for this weekend" she said. I shrugged "That's cool with me" I told her as we made our way out the door. "This is your car" she asked shocked. "Yeah why" I asked as we got into the car. "I always thought your folks would get you a station wagon or some shit" she said. We both started laughing so hard "Now you wanna try to cut my ass, okay" I said pulling out of my parking spot.

A/N: Elisha (Keke Palmer) will be in the external link!