Closer Now Than Before

-Khayla POV-

*1 Week Later*

For the last week Omari and I have been chillen constantly. I've also been chillen with the boys except Jacob and Jasmine have been MIA. I don't know what's going on with them but I feel some type of way that they blew me off! "Hello Khayla" Omari said waving his hand in front of my face as we walked down the hall. "Yeah" I said getting out of my blank zone. "What you thinking about" he asked as walked into the cafeteria."I have to take a make-up test, that's all" I lied smiling a little. "A make-up test for what class" he asked. I see Jacob's hand on Jasmine ass and everyone is so close talking about something.

"Calculus" I told him focusing on Jacob and Jasmine. We approached the table but no one realized we're standing there. "Hello" I sing-songed to get their attention. Again, no one noticed us so I decided to yell. "HELLO" I screamed catching everyone's attention. Jasmine and Jacob broke apart trying to act like nothing happened. "Wassup" the boys said looking suspicious. "Hey Kay boo" Jacob said smiling awkwardly at me. "Hey Kay Kay, Wassup" Jasmine asked. I faked smiled at them and then sat down next to Craig. Omari sat down at the end of the table on the other side of Craig. The boys gave Omari dap and it went quiet at our table. Something is up and I wanna know I thought.

"So what has everybody been up to" I asked looking around the table. "Homework" Jacob P said shrugging and writing down on a sheet of paper. "Hanging with Rayan" Chresanto said. "Hanging with Chresanto" Rayan said. I laughed a little at their behavior and then looked at Jacob. "I've been chillen with Craig" he said but I knew he was lying. "Oh really? What y'all been doing" I asked him. "Shopping, playing some video games, trying to pick up girls. You know the regular shit we do" he said giving Craig dap from across the table. I watched as Jasmine gave Jacob a stank look and nudged him. I turned my head to Craig "Oh, y'all had fun" I asked Craig. "Always have fun with my bro" Craig said. Lie! Y'all know damn well y'all wasn't together I thought. "Hm" was the only thing I said. "I'm gonna see you guys later" Omari said getting up. He gave everyone dap and Jasmine a hug. I got a hug and a kiss on the forehead, I blushed at that.

-After Lunch-

I was just at my class when I realized that I didn't have my French notebook. I ran back downstairs and pushed my way through the doors. As I was going around the other set of lockers i heard voices. I stopped in my tracks hearing Jacob's voice. I poked my head out enough to see him but he couldn't see me. He's with a girl and not any girl - Its Jasmine! My jaw dropped at what i just witnessed. They just straight tongued it down in my face. "I knew something was going on between them" I whispered to myself. "I'm glad I told you when I did" I heard Jasmine said. I poked my head back out and they're all cuffed up against the lockers. "Me too and I like keeping this away from Khayla" Jacob said. Instead of being all sad I was actually pissed the fuck off! I was gonna stomp my way up to them but I decided to turn around and go back to class.

I started making my way up the stairs and I bumped into someone. "Look out you fucking cunt" I yelled and then looked up. "Damn Khayla fucked happened to you" Omari asked shocked. "Sorry but I just seen and heard some shit" I said rolling my eyes. "Wanna talk about it" he asked. I shrugged and looked back down. "Come on Khayla, I don't bite" he said picking my head up. I smiled at him and made him sit down on the stairs with me.

After getting done with my story, Omari sighed and shook his head. "You shouldn't be stressing over him. If he's not stressing over you and wanna keep this away from his 'best friend' " He air quoted."Then, its time for you to move on and just keep it pushing" he finished. "I can't just move on from someone I grew up with" I told him annoyed. "I'm not saying drop dude as a friend or whatever but don't worry about what he doing" Omari said sitting back against the steps. I nodded my head in agreement. "Plus there are plenty of other dudes who wanna get with you" he said smiling at me. "Get with me or get in my draws" I said more than asking. "Shit, maybe both" he said laughing a little. I punched his shoulder and sat back against the steps with him.

I felt his hand move away some of my hair out of my face. He grabbed my chin and I felt his lips on mine. We started kissing and I realized that I was kissing Omari. I was gonna pull away but remember what he said. I deepened the kiss and smiled while doing so. We pulled away and sat there smiling at each other. "So if y'all two are done making out" we heard Rayan say. We looked up at him and we all started laughing. "Well I'll see you after school and let's keep this between us" I told him. "That means you too Rayan" I said and he nodded. "Don't worry I can keep my mouth shut" he said pecking my lips.

We parted and I made my way to class and Rayan went to class. Nice to know were closer than before I thought sitting down in my seat. Some best friend those two are keeping secrets away. I can't believe they did some shit like that! He was never mine in the first place but now I guess I can focus on Omari I thought biting on my pen cap.