The Date

-Khayla POV-

 "So where are we going" I asked Omari as we walked passed many places. "You'll see when we get there" he said. "Okay" I said keeping quiet. We walked a few more blocks in silence and he stopped me. "What" I asked looking up at him. "We're here" he said pointing to the building. "We're at Foothill Skate Inn" I told him. "Yeah I know" he said looking at me dumb. I shrugged and he opened the door for me. We entered and the place is empty besides the people that work there of course! "So where is everyone" I asked looking around. "Well I rented the place out for the two of us" Omari said smiling at me. Aw that is so sweet I thought smiling. "No one has ever done anything like this for me before" I told him. "Well theirs a first time for everything" he said. I nodded and we walked over to the rink. 

We got our skates and put them on. We got onto the ice and I almost busted my ass! "Whoa there" he said grabbing my waist. I blushed and got my balance "Thanks for catching me" I said. "No problem" he said. "So why did you choose to come back here" I asked. "Well what you don't know about me is, I like to skate. Nah I love to skate to be honest, me and my friends did this all the time back home" Omari admitted. "Seems like you miss home and they sound pretty awesome" I said looking at him. "Yeah they are" he said looking down. "Hey! You never know you can go visit them. Better yet they can come visit you" I told him. "I wish" he said. "I can make it possible" I told him. "How are you gonna do that" he asked. "No one ever tells me no" I told him smiling and he laughed.

"There we go" I said and he kept smiling. "So wassup with you and homeboy" he asked. "Who you talking about, Jacob" I asked. "Yeah, seems like y'all got beef or something" he said. "It's nothing like that. We just don't talk sometimes for some strange reason. But one of us always make up for it" I said. "Make up for it how" he asked actually interested. "We'll buy each other something or bother one another until one talks" I said laughing a little at all the other times. "How long y'all been cool" Omari asked. "Since day one! You know diaper days and all that" I told him and he nodded. "So tell me about you" he said as we made our fourth time around the rink.

"Well I'm seventeen and I have a little sister who's fourteen. After I graduate I plan on going to college down south" I told him. "That's wassup Kay! What are you gonna major in" he asked. "Early childhood education" I told him. "You wanna be a teacher" he asked surprised. "Why you gotta say it like that" I asked sort of offended while he was still laughing. "Because you don't look like the type" he said. "Looks can be deceiving" I told him skating away sort of upset. He caught up to me grabbing my hand but I tried to pry it away. "My bad, you know I ain't mean it" he said looking into my eyes with his green ones. I smiled up at him, He's too cute to stay mad at I thought. "Come on lets just skate" I said and he nodded his head in agreement.