Chapter 19 part two - I love You

Kyle’s (P.O.V)

“Four years ago I got this amazing opportunity to become an actress on a movie that was going to be a big hit. It was my big break, but I was young, so stupid. The director has had me audition before; I wasn’t always the best sport when I didn’t get the job.”

She shakes her head in sadness and bows down her head. I can no longer see her face, but I know she is crying. Soft sounds echo in my mind, momentarily I feel the need to comfort her. Yet I know better and remind myself that Alex’s was in that bed because of her. That she was the one to make this happen.

“I don’t understand, what does this have to do with Alex?”

Her head shoots up and stares straight at me.  And continues the story of her life.

“One day I finally got the part, I felt so good. I promised myself that I would be the best actress, nice and be on time. Still I was on thin ice, but I was acting good. The movie was going to turn my life around. Help pay rent for my parents, get my younger twin siblings out of the foster system. I was going to be a hero in my family.  One particular day we were on set behind a ice cream place down town. It was raining hard, perfect for the scene. I was playing a teenager who had a bad life and was putting an end to it, with a shot gun. Just as my big scene was rolling, I felt two hands take capture of my waist and push me to the pavement,”

As the story grew on the more tears fell from her eyes. It was to upsetting to watch so I turned my head away. I didn’t like how this was going. It hurt me to guess what is going to happen. At this point Zoey came to Tammie’s side and held her so that she couldn’t fall. Her sobs were coming out more frequently, you would think I couldn’t understand her, but my heart could hear what my ear wouldn’t.

”….. That girl you claim to be your best friend tackled me. She caused me to not only get fired from  my job but Jeremy and Tori were adopted. That job was everything! I can’t get it back, I can’t get my family back. I haven’t seen them in years! They were only four years old. I had to be put into the foster system too. I can never see them. I lost my whole life! Jerry, the director called all local producers and told them that I was a CRAZY JINX! He blamed me that there movie was a dud, because of HER! Alex ruined my life! She took away my family!”

I shook my head, no Alex wouldn’t do that.

“IT’S TRUE!”

Zoey was pulling on her arm causing her to slightly fall.

Tears heavy and hard were running down her cheeks.

I don’t believe her, I refuse. Alex is the nicest girl in the world. She wouldn’t do that, no the one she talks about isn’t the same Alex’s I love.

 Not possible.

“Please don’t refuse. I only have Zoey left. Now I found Gary, I can’t give him up, I love him.”

Tammie is begging me to believe her tales and lies?

Never!

“Tammie lets go, ok Tam’s?”

 Zoey is whispering more words of comfort. She is too distracted to realize that Zoey is pulling her toward the door and they are almost exiting.

“You don’t believe me, well I have proof!”

Then she holds up her arm, the one that Zoey was staring at. Running down it was a long white line. A scar that reaches her elbow to her wrist.

“That day, when SHE tackled me, I skinned my arm, scaring it.

I shake my head, trying to push out the words she is cramming in my ears.

“Every day, every single day, I have to live with this scar to remember how she destroyed me.”

“GO NOW, LEAVE AND DON’T COME BACK!!!”

 I growl at her watered face.

“Fine but you I told you the truth, that’s all I needed.”

With those single words she and her friend exit the hospital, leaving me with all the questions in the world.

DO I believe her, or not?

This is too much of a decision to weigh on my shoulders, by myself.

I sit down on the usual sit next to my beloved and take her tiny hand in mine, with her next to me I will know.

“I don’t care if you did as they said. It may be awful what you could have done. Yet I will stand next to you with all the pain. I will be with you when you fall, I will fight your fights. I will carry you through the tough times. If when you wake up and tell me you didn’t do what Tammie said, I’ll believe you in a second. I will make sure that everyone believes, I will stay up all night and make sure you wouldn’t be blamed for that thing. It was years ago, it should be settled by now. I will dry all your tears. ”

I nuzzle my head in between her shoulder and neck .Loving the feel of her next to me; her perfume is still lightly over her body. Flowers and lavender, it smells sweet and makes me smile and repeat the truth.

“I would do anything for you, I love you more than anything, and you’re my everything. Ever since you were little I would make it my personal goal to make you smile. It would make my day, make me feel better. When Gary got you as his girlfriend, I lost it inside. It tore my heart every time I saw you holding hands, on a date, kissing. When you tell me that I’m your best friend, I slightly cry. You thought of me as a friend, a brother, when I see you all I see is my forever girl. It hurts to think that when you wake up I have to stop pouring my heart out to you; I’ll have to keep it inside. Then when you get another boyfriend I will have to find a different way to deal with him. Forever I will see you until you settle down, then when you have a family with someone else you will shut me out. I can’t imagine spending one day of my life without your beautiful face next to mine. I said it before and I’ll say it once more, I love you more than life itself, because without you there will be no life. ”

I close my eyes and picture Alexandria: her smile, her eyes, everything. My eyes tighten, I don’t want to lose her eyes, they are magical, I squeeze her hand to feel her soft skin against mine. Our hands lock together perfectly and I can’t help but think that this is how it should be like, my hand in hers. But just as I start to drift off the most amazing thing happens.

Her hand squeezes mine back.

***********************************************************************

So what do you think?

Comment & Vote

Love

Loryn