Chapter 32- Epilogue

Alexandria’s (P.O.V)

Epilogue

 (P.O.V

(8 years later)

“Honey! I’ll be at The Gas Lantern with the girls! ”

Kyle bonds across the living room, while tying his lucky red tie. He only wears it during big important meetings or events. He even wore it at our wedding. It didn’t match a single thing he was wearing at the time, but I was too in love to care.   

“Yeah me, Mike and Gary will meet you there after my interview.”

He continues to tie the knot, then leans in to give me a quick peak on the lips. Afterwards he bends down to rub my growing stomach. Yes, I’m four months pregnant, my belly’s big, my feet are swollen and the kid won’t stop kicking! The little one must take after his father, my moron husband Kyle. I smile at the thought of having a little mini Kyle.

“Ok, when will that be?”

Kyle is in some big hurry, he’s all stressed out about getting this job. Kyle went to school to become police officer, while I settled for something less dangerous, as a kindergarten teacher. I love the children, they make me happy. He though loves the thrill of being the hero. Today he is going for a chief job a couple towns over.

“Um, let’s see. I’ll be picking up Gary at seven, so maybe a half an hour later?”

“All right then,” I walk over and help him fix the rest of his suit. “I’ll see you then.”

He gives me another kiss and momentarily stares at my belly. Kyle has gotten over the shock of being a parent. That day I told him he was to be a father, still fresh in my mind.

*Four months ago*

“Kyle we need to speak.”

I fumble with my hands, figuring a way to break the news to Kyle. I guess it would be better to just spit it out.

“What is it Alexandria? Sweetie you can tell me anything.”

He makes his way off our bed, trying to comfort me. But I leave his grasp, once he knows the truth, well I don’t know if we’ll be the same.

Just spit it out

Just say it

Spill

“Kyle I’m pregnant.”

I close my eyes then reopen them. There in front of me for the first time is a speech less Kyle. But what surprises me is he is smiling ear to ear.

Yet I was getting angry. He was just standing there, wordless. He got me pregnant and isn’t saying anything! I hate him!

So I brush past him in a storm, tears brimming at my eye lids. But before I could move another foot I felt his hand vine around my arm. I tried hard to pull away, but he kept his grip on me. Next thing I knew, I was pulled into his chest, where he held me close.

“Let go of me, you jerk!”

I screamed to let me go, but he held me even closer, until there was no room and nowhere to go but let loose on my waist.

“I love you.” He murmurs into my hair.

Then he lets loose on me further and bends down upon his knees, until his head is level with my stomach.