Chapter 10-The bestfriends last wish

Kyle’s (P.O.V.)

It’s starting to get dark.  The sun has reached the point where it is barley seen from the edge of the green grass hill just across the street.  As I gaze out the window I start to panic, my hands grip onto the window seat. What could she have done? Is she hurt?

She may be a party animal, but when it comes to our movie night she is always on the dot. Plus we were going to watch TWILIGHT to night I doubt she would miss a chance to watch that freaky ware wolf dude take off his shirt for the millionth time.

                This is way too scary, I need to go and look for her. Yes that’s what I should do.  I start for the bowl in the living room to fetch my keys.   I feel my feet speed up to the familiar green glass cup. My fingers graze the edge when I find the errors of my ways.

If I leave this house and go to her, I might embrace her.

She may actually be just driving around with her head in the clouds and forgot all about the time. I know her well enough to know that she can drown out the world easily. The thought of her dreaming on the highway and not paying attention brings a small smile on my face. Then I remember that she is missing and my frown quickly replaces on my face.  

I sit down on one of the comforters and bury my head in my hands. God this is frustrating. Furiously I rub my hands back and forth across my forehead desperately trying to calm my nerves.  In one hand I might hurt her and in another she may already be hurt.

If I had never suggested that she would follow him, I wouldn’t be in this situation, confused and hurt.

God why do I need to be involved in EVERYTHING?

I know the answer to that, because everything involves Alex and I’m her best friend. Nothing in the world would stop me from protecting her. She is my life if she’s hurt, trust me I’m ten times worse.

I hear a car rumble and lights show through the window.  A sigh of relief escapes my lips and enters my ears. A goofy, lope sided grin stretches across my face, but I don’t care.

I race towards the front door, carefully trying not to run into the wall.  Cupping my hand, I take capture of the nob and throw open the door.

“Hey, I knew you wouldn’t miss a chance to see that freak half naked!”

 I open my eyes to take in my surroundings, no Alex. But there was Alex’s nabores across the road, one shocked little girl and two angry parents. Thinking back I realize now that this wasn’t the best option on my part to just shout out.