Chapter 23 - The nurse

Kyle’s (P.O.V)

She is so cute when she is scared. Her big brown eyes go even bigger as she glances at the needle the doctor is holding. Then those full pink lips pout out as he continues to ask more questions. Alex’s breaths start to come out faster and shorter. Without thinking twice I reach out and place my hand over hers, almost immediately she stops panicking. I feel a small smile place over my face at her reaction.

My hands curl around her frail hand, warming me up. Travelling up her body I land on her lips, I can’t get over the fact that we practically made out. I have loved her for like ever, what happened while she was asleep? One minute I’m lying next to her, the next she’s mumbling that she loves me. I didn’t even get over the shock until she kissed me. It took a couple of seconds to even respond to the kiss. Just thinking of it brings a huge smile to my face. Imagine what I looked like when it was happening, I probably looked like goofy. But I didn’t care I finally got her in my hands and all I can think about now is when the next time I can re visit that.

“Accuse me sir,” I look behind where I sit and a young red head nurse is standing there, she looked sort of nervous to be speaking. “May I have a word with you, privately?”

I dash my eyes back to Alex, she looks pre occupied talking to the doctor, and she might not even notice me gone. So with a couple seconds of hesitation I then turn regrettably and follow the nurse into the hallway.

The hallway is empty but the waiting room as a few stragglers. There is one woman with a full belly holding an uncertain man’s hand, there sitting on a very hard bench. In the corner are a couple of toddlers, one reading a cartoon book and another pushing a toy duck around in circles. The kids are dirty blond and about the age of three or four. There laughing there little cute heads off about pretty much nothing at all. One day Alexandria and I will have tons of kids like that. We will be one big happy family; we’ll play on a big white farm house in the country. Our lives will be perfe-.

“State your name.”

My fantasy dream is cut off by a squeaky uncertain voice. I turn my attention back to the quiet nurse.

“Um, accuse me?”

The question seems odd, why would she need to know.

“I said, state your name.”

“Kyle Donning.”

I pronounce my name like I have said it a million times before. Yet for some reason the young girl looks taken back and shocked.

“Donning. Donning. Donning?”

She tasted my last name on her tongue, as if it was a forging word.

“Yes, Donning.”

I said irritated.   It was weird at first now it’s just annoying. My voice seemed to bring her out of the trance. Her eyes became less fogged and clearer as she stared right at me. She must have noticed how dumb struck it she was, so she straightened out her back and pushed a piece of red hair that fell in front of her eyes, behind her ear.