Chapter 28 - School is almost as worse as my life

And there it is, the double wooden doors. I’m standing outside of my high school, starring like a nut.  The parking lot is almost completely empty due to the bell already ringing an hour ago. Save from the few that are ditching first period I’m alone, but the office knows I’d be late. A cool autumn breeze brushes my blond hair in front of my eyes, than I force it behind my ear.   Uncertainly I take one step forward and draw in a sharp take of breathe.

Slowly but surely I make my way to the portal. A few heads turn towards me as I walk down the side walk. None in which I recognize, it’s a fairly large school for a lot of teens liking, so not everyone knows everyone, it’s highly unlikely.

They look to be younger than me, maybe freshman.  There’s one girl in the parking lot that looks to be one of those wanna be types, you know the ones that wear way to much make up and not enough clothing, yeah well them. I deal with her kind all the time, but it’s weird, she is staring at me like she saw a ghost, yet there is still hate dripping in her eyes.  It makes me cringe, but I don’t back down, I just continue strolling down the side way.

Finally I make to the door, there not glass, so I can’t see to the other side, and I don’t like it. I want to be able to know exactly what’s going on, you know so I have enough time to run.

“Alexandria!”

Behind me my sweet boyfriend’s voice enters the tense and silent atmosphere. Just his familiar voice brings a smile to my face; suddenly like a snap I wasn’t so upset. Turning on my heels I face him, today he is wearing a simple cotton white shirt, rolled up at the sleeves. Matched with his favorite blue jeans and brown loafers, yup my man’s hot.

 Kyle finishes the last couple of feet with a slight jog, immediately he loops his arm around my waist, sending me waves of shivers, I never felt when I was with Gary, and bends down to give me a quick peck. It wasn’t much but enough to give me the first jolt of courage I have had in a long time.

“Hello Angel,” Kyle pauses momentarily to look around my face, instantly he catches something off. “Are you sure you’re ready for this?”

No

I so badly want to tell him no.

“Of course.”

But at the last second I think otherwise. Stupid me for thinking!

“Really?” Kyle has a hard time believing I’m not lying to him, like I am. Amused in a slightly evil manner he backs from my grasp and opens the door. “Then let’s go in.”

“Ok, lets”

“Angel you’re not moving.”

My face crumbles in emotion at his words. I’m just standing, my feet can’t move, it’s like pavement to the floor. My mind tell

s me to just suck it up and walk in like any other day. But I’m still not moving. A pair of un familiar voices enter my ears, although I don’t recognize them as people I know, I do however recognize my name whispered between two girls.