Chapter 7 - Going Public

Chapter 7- Going Public

Some people say the paparazzi are like vultures that will do anything for money, they dig at people’s private lives until they find something worthy enough to publish, and when they find something they never leave them alone. When I woke up the next morning I witnessed the full force of their power, somehow they had got past the gates to our private land and were banging on the door, cameras at the ready, shouting my name, the phone was ringing off the hook and some were even peering through the windows trying to get a glance of me. Somehow my mum had managed to stay asleep through all the noise and didn’t know what was happening.

At first I wasn’t sure why they were banging on the door but when I glanced at my twitter feeds and saw photos of Harry and I together last night, his hand holding mine- there was a picture of us kissing- if people didn’t know we were dating, they sure knew now. The banging on the door and continuous tapping on the windows continued, I decided to close all the curtains, so ducked down and crawled along the floor until I reached the window, once I was close enough I stood up so I was against the wall and drew the curtain, they couldn’t see who it was but they went crazy shouting my name and flinging questions at me. Once I closed all the curtains, and luckily didn’t get seen, I went upstairs to tell my mum so hopefully she could do something about it.

She was fuming when I told her, she stood up, went downstairs picked up the phone and rang the police. Ten minutes later a police car turned up and the paparazzi slowly began to thin out and vanish until they were no longer in sight, I let out a sigh of relief. I knew this was only the beginning of our encounters and already I was terrified. I was terrified they would dig up something bad, or harass me and my mum until we reached the state of depression, I’d seen it happen to celebrities and innocent people hundreds of times before, and I didn’t want it to happen to me. I guess I just didn’t realize how popular One Direction – Harry Styles- were in reality.

I sat at the kitchen table my head in my hands; I didn’t know what to do. I’d never liked someone so much as I liked Harry, but I just couldn’t cope with the press. I’d only had a taster of what they were like; and that experience was pretty bad. I also knew I would get a lot of hate from their fans, nasty comments and rumours and maybe even death threats, sure there would be the odd nice fan who thought we looked cute together, but when you get all the hate, those comments are the ones that stick in your mind for a long time after. My mum came over and sat at my side, giving me a sympathetic look, we were close so she probably knew what was going through my head.

“Daisy, talk to him, tell him how you feel and go from there okay?” My mum said giving me an awkward hug. I just nodded, grabbed my phone texting Harry that I was coming over and walked out the back door, I didn’t even want there to be a slight chance I get caught on camera. When I got to the back entrance of the complex I pulled open the door and walked up a flight of stairs to the boy’s floor. I walked passed Liam’s flat, Zayn’s, then Niall’s until I reached Louis and Harrys, Harry must have been looking out for me because before I could even knock the door was flung open and Harry was standing before me. He took one look at me and pulled me into a hug. I felt so comforted, but my head was still spinning. Harry pulled away and looked directly at me.

"Daisy, come in and we'll talk" he said taking my hand and leading me to the black leather sofa.

Once we sat down I told him everything, I told him how I loved spending time with him and the boys, I told him what had happened this morning and I told him how scared I was, when I looked up at him from my hands I saw he was staring at the plain wall, his eyebrows borrowed and forehead creased deep in thought.

"Okay, I have an idea" Harry said looking back at me, his expression now normal.

"So, the papo obviously know we're dating and because we've been private about it their intrigued to know more, so I think the best way to get them off your back is if we go out together but publically to show we're not hiding anything. Say we go out  today we'll take the other boys to show you get on with them and we also take a few of our security team-just to be on the safe side – once the press see us, yes they’ll take a few snaps but once the hype is over it shouldn’t be too bad” Harry said glancing at me, I knew I would have to face them sooner than later, and I guess if I have the other boys there as well as harry things shouldn’t be too bad.