Chapter 22 - Comforts

By the time I walked in the front door it was dark out and the sun had set hours ago, my phone had been turned off as I just wanted to be alone and leave my thoughts to myself. I’d found a park that was empty and just sat on a swing letting the tears escape, my emotions were everywhere. She was just a girl yet she had made such an impact on me and influenced me so much, I hoped she would be looking down from above. I had no idea why she was torn from life and I guess I wouldn’t know, maybe she was needed up there or maybe there was something else. What I did know is that she would be missed.

“Daisy, Daisy thank god” my mum said when she saw me as I took off my jacket, she pulled me in a hug and mumbled something I couldn’t pick out. It was comforting when she hugged me and the whole thing with Josie had made me realize how much my mum meant to me.

“I’m fine mum, sorry I didn’t call or text I just needed to think” I said honestly as she pulled away and looked at me, even though I was an emotional wreck.

“I’m just glad you’re alright. Harry and the boys have been worried sick looking for you, you should probably call him and tell him your home and alright” my mum said and I nodded, I felt bad that I hadn’t even let Harry or anyone know where I was. I grabbed the house phone and dialled Harry’s familiar number, he picked up straight away.

“Hello?” Harry said sounding concerned and slightly frantic, I didn’t realize just how good it was to hear his voice.

“Harry it’s me” I said and I heard him let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank god, you had me and the others worried sick. We’ve been out looking for you for hours” He said making me feel even guiltier.

“I’m sorry I just needed some space to think with everything that’s gone on” I said repeating what I had said to my mum. I was so glad she got on so well with him, I knew she was hesitant at first as he is a global pop star, but once they got to know each other better I could see my mum really getting to like him.

“I’m just glad you’re safe. I’ll call the boys and let you know you’re home and we’ll drop by if you want us to?” Harry asked and nodded before realizing he couldn’t see me so spoke instead.

“Yeah that will be great. See you soon” I said before we said goodbye and hung up, I was still slightly cold from being outside for such a long time so I decided to freshen up in the shower while I waited for them to return.

The shower had made me feel slightly better although it still hurt like hell whenever I thought about Josie and that I would never get to see her again. I’d changed into my pyjamas and went downstairs making myself a cup of tea while the doorbell rang, I was about to go and answer it but my mum beat me to it and not long later Harry ran in followed by the other boys and pulled me into his arms, I somehow felt comforted by it and I could help but wrap my arms around his waist too.

“Flower don’t do that again” Louis said trying to be stern but looking rather relieved. When I pulled away from Harry I quickly gave all the others a hug while my mum made them all a cup of tea and we went up to my room where we all lay on my bed –somehow- and talked about what had happened.

“I want to start up a trust in Josie’s memory, do you think it’s a good idea?” I asked, I thought it was but I guess I just wanted someone else’s – or five others people’s- option.

“I think that’s a great idea. We’ll be the first ones to donate to the cause and we’ll spread the word to our fans so maybe they can help” Liam said and I smiled gratefully. Niall and Louis seemed to be talking about the hospital, Liam was taking to Harry as he lay beside me and Zayn seemed to be awfully quite staring at nothing in particular.

“By the way guys Josie’s mum was talking to me earlier and they want to have the funeral in two days’ time – Friday- and she wanted to know how many people would be going, do any of you want to go?” I asked, this would be the second funeral I’d of gone to and I wasn’t looking forward to it, although it was the time to celebrate her life.

“Yeah I want to go” Liam said nodding

“Of course I’ll go with you” Harry said before kissing me on the cheek.

“I’ll go”  Niall and Louis said at the same time making them grin slightly, I’m sure under other circumstances they would both be rolling on the floor laughing but all they could seem to manage was a smile. The only one left to decide was Zayn; he was so hard to read so I had no idea if he would want to come or not.

“Zayn. Do you want to go?” I asked, he looked up from the space he was staring at and looked at each of the other boys before replying.

“Yeah I’ll go, it will be a good way to say our final goodbyes” he said and looked at me with one of his serious expressions. I thanked them and went out the room for a minute to call her and let her know, she was delighted that they would be coming and told me to thank them which I did when I walked back in the room a few minutes later. When she’d first asked me she told me she wanted to have the funeral sooner rather than later.

“You boys want to stay over?” I asked crawling back between Harry and Liam, they all nodded and without even changing we began to go silent as we drifted off into deep sleep.

A/N- Next chapter will be up tomorrow and it will be Josie’s funeral L