Chapter 15 - Zoo

Chapter 15- Zoo

"What do you want to see first? Monkeys? Tigers? Penguins? “ Louis said bounding up and down on the spot like a child. We'd just walked through the gates of London Zoo and were deciding what to go and see first. It had taken just over an hour to get here because of the traffic, and an hour in the car with five boys isn’t fun, even if they’re hot celebrities.

"I think we should start off with the little animals and get bigger" Niall said and Harry sniggered beside me holding my hand.

"Okay let’s start at the reptile thingy" Zayn said and we began following a map Liam had in his hands walking in the direction of the reptile house. Louis was walking a few strides ahead and every now and again told us to hurry up otherwise we wouldn’t get time to see everything.

We walked into the area where the reptiles were and I automatically wanted to walk out again; I hated them, it was their scally skin that got me.  Although I recognized an area of it from the first Harry Potter film which made me laugh getting a few strange looks off the boys. Zayn wanted to hold a snake so we had to wait in line for him, and as the handler was about to put it around his neck he backed out at the last minute much to the boy’s amusement.

“Next up to the Meerkats” Liam said trying to find the direction on the map, we all nodded and followed him out the reptile house. Niall had taken a liking to a lizard so Zayn had to practically drag him out and threaten him with food, which of course worked! We arrived at the enclosure five minutes later and the Meerkats were smaller then I expected; they look quite big when you see them on TV.

“Do you think he’s looking for Allen?” Louis said then started to repeatedly call the name Allen out which got a few strange looks from some of the visitors. He’d seen it on a programme called ‘Walk On The Wild Side’ and I immediately recognised it, it didn’t help that the sign that explained about the Meerkats said that on of them had been named Allen. Right next to the Meerket enclosure were two red pandas named Tuffy and Rayn. I walked over to their pen to see that they were really fluffy and I felt the urge to give them a hug, obviously I couldn’t though. Tuffy was eating some food while Rayn was asleep. I stood there for a while just watching them, Harry had to practically drag me away from them because I found them so cute and the boys were getting impatient.

We were making our way to the penguins when a couple of teenage girls with their parents noticed us; they started fangirling and walked over to us. The boys smiled and welcomed them over, they both looked around my age, one had lone blonde hair, the other had short blonde hair, they got a camera out and asked each of the boys for a photo, I thought they were about to leave when the girl with blonde hair asked me for a photo, I was surprized but just nodded, I could tell the boys were smirking the whole time. The girls thanked us and walked back to their parents while the boys and I carried on to see the penguins.

“You’ve got your own little fan base” Harry said quietly in my ear as we walked side by side holding hands, I rolled my eyes which made him chuckle.

“We’ll I’m your number one fan, don’t ever forget that” Harry whispered and pressed his lips to my temple, the boys laughed when I blushed. We finally arrived at the penguin enclosure, Louis face lit up and his eyes went wide as he pointed to one walking towards him. Everyone laughed at his reaction; even some people we didn’t know couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. He might be twenty but he acted like a five year old child!

“Look at him! He’s loves me look!” Louis said bending down to the glass and touching it where the penguin was, all of a sudden the penguin made a weird noise and pecked the glass right where Louis was touching it making him jump back. Niall couldn’t control his laughter and was soon clutching his stomach while the rest of us apart from Louis laughed in amusement.