Chapter 18 - Ups and Downs

“How are we meant to do this Harry we’ve broken up according to the public” I said as Harry tried to convince me to go out with him to go for a walk to the park because he thought I needed some fresh air.

“Ah, I forgot about that” Harry said scratching the back of his head in thought. The other boys had gone home not long ago to change and meet their families because they had a day off, Harry was meeting his family later and said he wanted to spend the morning with me, I didn’t mind one bit. I still felt pretty bad although not as bad as I did yesterday, I had a killer headache and I’d hardly eaten anything but apart from that I was fine.

“Yeah, forgot about that did you?!” I said teasing him, to be honest I had until I logged onto twitter this morning to see the tweets of some of the One Direction fans then everything came back to me, it was because Harry and I were still together secretly that made me forget we were supposedly not together.

“Sorry, how about we go out but wear a disguise? I’m sure Joey and Matilda could make another appearance” Harry asked hopefully raising an eyebrow, he gave me a puppy dog look so there was no way I could refuse.

“Okay fine, let’s get changed” I said walking to my room while Harry went back to his and Louis flat to put on his disguise, as much as I hated Matilda I knew it would let me and Harry have the chance to be together in public without anything drastic happening.

Twenty minutes later and Harry had returned as Joey and was waiting for me, I put my finishing touch on before walking out to see Harry with long hair, glasses and a brace, it would take a while to get used to seeing him like this although he probably felt the same way seeing me as Matilda.

“Let’s go my geeky girlfriend” Harry said holding out his hand which I gratefully took, I grabbed my bag which contained my phone, money and tablets for my tumour in case I started to feel any pain, and we walked out of the complex and slowly made our way to the park. It was great not having to worry about Harry being spotted then mobbed by screaming girls, and it was even better strolling to the park holding hands with my amazing boyfriend.

“Did you ever think anything like this could happen to you?” I asked referring to him being in a band that millions of people worldwide loved.

“No, I mean I always loved to sing and I always hoped that maybe one day I’d be successful, then going on the Xfactor and being put with the other boys changed my life, they became like brothers to me and I don’t think I would have ever be able to do this without them. I love the fans they’re incredible, when we went to the US for a few months quite a lot of them felt like we were drifting away from our roots because of everything that we’d done over there, but I don’t think we would have had this success without our UK fans they’re the ones who started our fan base, the ones that pushed us forward and voted for us, without them none of this would have happened in the first place” Harry said, you could really tell how much this meant to him, this dream, the fans the boys, he was so appreciative of everything that has happened to him.

“And if none of this had happened I wouldn’t of met you, I would probably still be in Holmes Chapel working in the little bakery “ He said grinning now looking into the distance before turning to look at me.