Chapter 17 - Side Effects

Chapter 17 –Side Effects

I woke up the next morning feeling terrible, I don’t think I’d ever felt this bad. My whole body seemed to ache and I just felt so weak, every time I move it seemed to drain me of energy and I’d been up half the night feeling like I was going to be sick. My mum had bought me up a glass of water and a slice of toast although I hadn’t eaten it; these side effects really were the worst part of the chemotherapy.

“Daisy, you need to eat something, I know you probably don’t feel like eating it but you need to get something down you” My mum said sitting on the end of the bed and moving the hair out of my face like she used to do when I was little and ill. I groaned and shoved the pillow over my head, why did I have to have a stupid brain tumour? Had I done something so bad to serve this? I could tell it how it was easy to become depressed when you’re going through something like this; it’s really hard to find anything good out of it.

“Do you want me to call Harry? I can see when he’s around you light up” She said, and I shook my head, I didn’t want him to see me like this, I was a mess and I knew I would probably feel unworthy enough to be with him when I was around someone as amazing as Harry.

“I don’t want him to see me like this” I told my mum and she frowned before kissing me on the forehead and walking out of my room, leaving me to my own thoughts again. I got up to go to the toilet and then washed my face letting the cool water soak up any impurities. I grabbed my favourite blanket and dragged myself downstairs, by the time I reached the bottom every muscle ached and I just wanted to curl up back in my bed although I didn’t because I didn’t have enough energy to climb the stairs again; it felt like my own personal Mount Everest.

I turned the TV on and lay on the sofa relaxing again, someone had already been watching the TV on the MTV channel and I left it not bothering to change the channel. Not much was on, an episode of Teen mum was just finishing so I waited for something else to come on. There was a five minute MTV news programme on so I shifted positions and watched it.

“Most fans of One Direction will be aware that heartthrob member Harry Styles has found his match in girlfriend Daisy Stone, but sources close to the band have claimed things are not all what they seem with Daisy. Many fans spotted the band leaving a hospital in London with Daisy and people are claiming that she is undergoing treatment to treat a brain tumour. We wish Daisy the best of luck with her treatment, but what will happen to the Darry relationship as Directioner's are calling them?” a news reporter spoke while showing a picture of Harry and Liam helping me when we were leaving the hospital yesterday.

How had they found out I had a brain tumour? Surely it was confidential and private to me and now the whole world that I was going through hell and was just another sob story. I’d been trying to avoid anything like this when I was at school but this was just ten times worse because instead of the rumours being passed to every student it, was being passed to every fan of the boys and there were millions worldwide. My head began to throb as my forehead creased and I groaned.

“I can’t believe they found out, I’m so sorry Daisy” A husky voice said behind me, I snapped my head in the direction and saw a troubled Harry looking back at me. He walked over and pulled me into a hug, I hadn’t known he was here.

“I’ll make sure nothing else about you will get out Daisy, I’m sorry it did. You shouldn’t have to deal with that at the minute” Harry said standing up and taking his phone out of his pocket before walking out of the room.

I got that fans liked to know what was happening with the boys, but did that have to include a personal fact I was still only just dealing with myself. Harry’s voice was getting louder as he spoke to someone on the phone getting angry, I knew that without Harry being my boyfriend I wouldn’t have to deal with this publicity thing,  but I don’t think I would be able to cope without him being here for me, he was the gravity keeping me grounded.