Chapter 28 - Reunited

I pulled back quickly breaking the kiss, Zayn’s arms were around my waist but I moved them and took a step back, I can’t believe he actually kissed me. I mean I know what the girls said, but why would he like me? He can’t like me.

“Zayn... look I-” I started to say but he cut me off and walked closer to me, I didn’t know what to do. Part me liked Zayn, but was pretty sure it was because he treated me well since the whole Harry thing. Speaking of Harry what would he do if he found out his best friend kissed me?

“Daisy, I know I probably shouldn’t have kissed you, but I want you to know I really like you. What Harry did was wrong and I would never do that” He was right, he wouldn’t cheat on the girl he likes, but that wasn’t me, it couldn’t be.

“Zayn I know you would treat any girl right, but it’s not me. You’re like a brother to me and even though what Harry did was wrong I still have feelings for him. I’m sorry, but I hope we can go back to what we were before, because you’re an amazing person Zayn, and I wouldn’t want things to be awkward between us” I spoke looking at him as he looked back with his trademark serious expression, it took a few moments but he nodded and took my hand.

“I’m sorry if I made things awkward, and I know Harry can be an idiot at times, but he’s a great guy and he likes you very much. I guess it’s because everyone else has found girls that I feel left out, and when I started to get to know you better I began to like you more” he said and I nodded but pulled him into a hug, he wrapped his arms around me for a brief moment.

“You’ll find your girl soon Zayn, I promise. You’re way too amazing to be single” He smiled at me and we carried on walking back to the others who were throwing grapes in the air and trying to catch them in their mouths, although Louis wasn’t having much look and Eleanor and Danielle were in laughing fits. When they saw us coming back they stopped and looked at me but I shook my head and they smiled at me, it was great that they understood me so well.

Zayn went to sit between Liam and Niall but Louis decided to jump on his back and they all ended up doing a pile on one another. I went over to Danielle and Eleanor and I could tell they wanted to know what went on, I waited to see how long it would take them to make me spill, and it took just five minutes.

“So what happened?!” Danielle asked whispering, we moved back a little bit from the boys so I could tell them without being overheard.

“Well I went to the toilet and I when I came out Zayn was waiting for me, he told me he needed to do something and before I realized what was going on his kissed me” Eleanor looked at me with wide eyes while Danielle was grinning.

“I broke the kiss quickly and told him we couldn’t be together and he would find his girl someday, and that’s it really” they both nodded understanding.

“You still like Harry don’t you” Danielle said as they looked at me, I nodded before speaking.

“I mean what he did still hurts, and I know it’s hard to trust him when he’s done something like that, but I can’t help but think of him” I said honestly while Eleanor gave me a hug, I smiled happy at that moment in time.

“I can see that you miss him” Danielle said and I smiled, I guess I wasn’t hiding my emotions as well as I thought.

“But I can’t trust him. He needs to prove I can trust him before anything happens” I said and we shuffled back over to where the boys still were, they were looking at their phones and whispering, when they saw us they abruptly stopped and smiled. I’m sure they were up to something.

“Uh, Liam wants to go to shopping. Let’s go” Louis said pulling us up. Niall took my hand as Liam took Danielle’s and Louis took Eleanor’s before dragging us back to the van, Zayn jogging alongside. The girls also had confused expressions on their faces obviously not knowing why we suddenly had to leave for Liam to go shopping.